Chapter 12

Memories engraved in the season's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Kyungsoo walks out of his washroom in his new PJ’s, sitting on his bed and making himself comfortable in the white comforters. Now that he looks at the huge king-size bed, he suddenly feels lonely after spending the previous night with someone’s presence beside him. He shakes that thought away, and instead diverts his mind to the events of that day. Today was fun. From the flour fight to the peaceful ride back home, it was really fun. And also, he got to see so many sides of Kim JongIn. He can be a goofy uncle, a sophisticated businessman, and an annoying but reliable brother. He never really had any siblings, sure he had his fellow kids in the orphanage but this is different. And also, he never really interacted with Chanyeol's sister, so did Chanyeol because he knew his sister hated Kyungsoo. So seeing the brothers interacting with love, his heart swells with delight. And JongIn, being the middle brother, really is something. One minute he is bickering and then he becomes angry at his little brother for moving in with his boyfriend, listening to him and understanding him, being the responsible older brother, and the next minute he is a ball of fluff for his older brother, acting cute and pouting. Kyungsoo was practically frozen when he saw JongIn pout. He suddenly looked cute, totally opposite to the intimidating alpha aura he was oozing a moment ago. Kyungsoo sniggers remembering JongIn wailing at his brother, when he was ruffling his hair, for still treating him like a kid. JongIn is really something.

He slowly averts his gaze to his bedside table, making him smile once again. He picks up the Polaroid picture Yuno gave him and takes a better look at it. He keeps staring at the picture, admiring the cute gesture of the little boy, but something else pops up in his mind. The same Polaroid picture played a really important part in his life, leading him to the love of his life.

It was summer by the time Kyungsoo become conscious about the presence of the alpha sitting on the bench, diagonally on the opposite side of the fountain. He could just say he was an alpha. His presence screamed his status, and also, his inner omega sensed him. He had been coming quite often. Not every day, but at least twice a week. And it seems the alpha is disparately trying to be invisible, but the flashy bike to vibrant hair colors and the dominating alpha status doesn’t seem to be in his favor. Kyungsoo always spends his evenings, between 4 to 5, sitting on his usual bench, writing his diary, and listening to the peaceful sounds of the birds tweeting and the fountains’ splashing. And every time that guy shows up, his omega becomes alert. Kyungsoo was skeptical about the guy, what if he is a stalker?? This world had been never safe to omegas. He waited for the alpha to do something but that never came. He is just fine sitting there and stealing glances at Kyungsoo. The smaller takes a good look at the guy when the alpha looks down at his phone. He is tall, maybe around 6’2”. He can say that even with that guy sitting. He has long legs. He always wears comfortable clothes, just right for the weather, but definitely branded. Ripped blue jeans are probably his favorite. And his hair changes a lot. Sometimes he has messy black hair, then baby blue, then soft pink. Now he had blond hair, pulled back into a parted hairstyle. As for his face, he doesn’t know, he always had a mask covering his face, hiding his features from his sight. But he saw his eyes, they were big and sparkly, but they weren’t just his charm point. He had pretty big ears sticking out of his head. They looked cute and he wondered if he could ever touch them. He also had a Harley Davidson parked right in front of him. Kyungsoo might not be that interested in motorcycles but he knows that Harley Davidson is not something everyone can afford, so he is definitely not from their college. And also, the red and yellow firey print looked so familiar, making him remember that one article that a boy from the orphanage showed him, about expensive bikes and the bike the boy wanted to buy when he grow up. Now that just makes him even more curious, who exactly is this alpha??

Summer was gone and now it was autumn once again. Kyungsoo by now got used to that guy’s presence. In fact, his inner omega waits for him to come; he will feel happy when he sees the taller and sad when he couldn’t make it. And maybe, somewhere along the way, he looked forward to the day when he will finally meet that guy in person. And that day came sooner than he thought.

Kyungsoo was in a hurry. He had to go out to the city to bring a cake for one of the kids in the orphanage. It was a surprise party for the girl and Kyungsoo made sure he had arranged everything so he rushed to his usual bench, in expectation to see the alpha, only to find his spot empty. Maybe he isn’t gonna come today. Just when he pouts in disappointment, he gets a call from the in charge of the orphanage, reminding him of the missing cake. He smacks his head at that. How can he forget the most important thing?? He was anticipating seeing the stranger that he forgot about the cake. He should really get his excitement under control. He hurriedly walks out, trying to stuff in his diary and scrapbook into his bag when he bumps into someone, making him lose his grip on his things. He immediately crouches down, mumbling a sorry to the guy and picking up that guy’s things instead, since the latter was picking up his. He hurriedly picks up the books on finance and thriller novels and arranges them when his eyes land on something. Picking it up, he flips it to the other side to find a picture of him, sitting on the bench, writing his diary. This angle is definitely…he slowly looks up at the person he bumped into and his eyes immediately lock with those big sparkly eyes he had been admiring all this while. The time around them froze and all he can see is those deep black eyes, his soul into them.

 

Kyungsoo snaps out of his thoughts when he hears a buzzing sound from his phone, telling him that he got a text message. He blinks his eyes, taking in a breath when he feels wetness down his cheek. He lifts his palm and indeed, he was crying. He wipes his tears off and picks up his phone. Unlocking his phone, he sees a message from Baekhyun.

“Kyungsoo, it’s our high school reunion next weekend. You know about it, we have it every year and everyone in our batch met up along with their family. But JongIn is refusing to come. Sehun is trying to speak him out but he isn’t listening to my husband. Please try to convince him.”

Oh, Kyungsoo does remember. He isn’t from the same school as his husband and the rest. He had gone to a missionary school since he was a kid which also owned the orphanage he grew up at. He wasn’t close with anyone from there. All his friends left him and went to leave their own lives out in the city. He can’t blame them, that’s how the world work. His only friends were the kids he took care of and he never really meet them that often. But Chanyeol was different. His group of friends was everything for him. He was close with almost everyone in his batch and he would never miss a reunion. Kyungsoo…hadn’t been to these reunions with Chanyeol. A couple of years into their relationship, Chanyeol had asked him to be his date for those reunions, but Kyungsoo clai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter