Chan and Felix

They Call Me Villain

Bang Chan met Lee Felix at school. It honestly wasn’t too hard to find him. He overheard the other kids in his class talking about another ‘villain to be’ and went to find the kid at lunch. Felix was alone, like Chan expected, and he flinched when the older boy sat down beside him.

“I’m Chan,” he smiled slightly, “what’s your name?”

“You shouldn’t sit here,” Felix replied, looking down sadly, “they’ll hate you, too.”

“They already hate me, mate,” Chan shrugged, “pretty sure that they can’t hate me anymore no matter what I do.”

“What do you mean?” Felix asked, looking up with wide eyes.

“I’m like you,” Chan smiled kindly, “they call me a villain, too.”

Felix had started to cry, overjoyed to meet someone like him. Someone who knew exactly how he felt. His parents tried, but……they weren’t dangerous like him. They could never understand how he felt, not like Chan could.

“I’m Felix,” the younger smiled, “it’s nice to meet you.”

After that, the pair became inseparable.

 

--

 

“Keep running,” Chan yelled, ducking under a pipe as the pair ran through an old factory with a hero hot on their tail.

All they wanted was to be heroes, to prove that they were good. But no one ever believed them, even when they were clearly trying to help. When Chan and Felix had crossed paths with a hero, Chan had foolishly believed that talking to the hero could get them the support they wanted. After all, this was a hero. Things……well, Chan could have never imagined how things would turn out.

How was he supposed to know that the ‘hero’ would decide to kill them, that ‘villains’ like them should be killed before they could do anything?

“I’m trying,” Felix panted, stumbling slightly as he tried to keep up.

Chan bit back a sob as he ran. This was all his fault! He was the one who had talked Felix into trying to be a hero. The younger had been content with living a quiet life, with letting his dreams of being a hero stay just that; dreams. If he’d just let Felix do that…….if he’d just done that…….if he’d never approached the hero……

His sweet, kind, loving best friend was going to die because of him.

“Chan!” Felix suddenly yelled and Chan turned to find that Felix had tripped, getting tangled up in some of the junk laying around.

“Felix,” Chan panicked, rushing to help his best friend and baby brother, “it’s alright, I’m here. I’ll get you out, I promise.”

“He’s coming,” Felix told him, fighting back his sobs, “Chan, he……Chan, you need to go.”

“No way!” Chan snapped, “I’m not going to leave you to die, Lix. We’re both going to survive this, I promise you. I’m not going to leave you behind.”

“Chan,” Felix didn’t bother hiding his sobs, resting his head against the older boy’s shoulder as he slumped in defeat.

Chan forced himself to focus on freeing his friend. He couldn’t give up, he couldn’t let this ‘hero’ kill them. They needed to live! At the very least, he needed Felix to live. The younger boy could not die here, there was too much he needed to do with his life.

The hero turned the corner and saw them and Chan’s heart sunk.

“I’m sorry,” his whispered, resting his own head on Felix’s shoulder and letting himself cry, “I’m so sorry.”

The hero got closer and Felix turned slightly in his arms, turned to face the coming danger. Death didn’t come and after a few seconds Chan looked up to see why. He froze as he watched the hero turning to ash, Felix’s left hand pressed against what had once been the hero’s chest. Felix was crying even harder as he watched the hero die, body shaking in Chan’s arms.

“Felix,” Chan breathed as the hero turned into a pile of ash.

“I’m sorry,” Felix managed to say through his cries, “I know I shouldn’t have, but…….but…..”

“It’s ok,” Chan was quick to assure his friend, “it’s going to be alright. You didn’t have a choice, Lix. He was going to kill us.”

“No one will see it that way,” Felix argued, “I’m a murderer now, they’ll lock me up and never let me out.” He hugged Chan tightly, “I’m a villain, just like they said I would be.”

“No!” Chan snapped, “you aren’t a villain, Felix! You could never be a villain. You did what you had to do. And…..and they have to catch you first.”

“Chan?” Felix questioned, “what……what are you thinking?”

“We’re going home,” Chan said, “pack only want you need. Then we’re leaving.”

Leaving was an easy decision. The only living people who cared about them were Felix’s parents. Once they told them about what happened, they gave the boys some money and suggested a place where they could hide for a while. With one last hug from both Felix’s mom and dad, the pair was gone. Chan promised Felix that they’d try to come back one day, but both knew that this was an empty promise. They were never going to come back to Australia.

 

--

 

“Chan,” Felix yawned as he exited his room, “what are you still doing up?”

“Reading this site,” Chan replied, smiling softly at Felix’s bedhead, “I think I know where we’re going next.”

Once the pair started running, they never stopped. It would seem that killing a hero made you special in the eyes of other heroes, made them look for you with extreme prejudice. The pair had been forced to fight and kill several heroes as a result, making even more want to come for them. At current, they’d moved into a really ty apartment in some really ty New York neighborhood. It was all just……really ty, but the owner asked for cash and nothing else and no one on the block looked at them twice.

“What are you talking about?” Felix asked, cuddling up beside the older and resting his head on Chan’s lap.

“Korea,” Chan replied, brushing his fingers through the younger’s blond hair, “we’re going to Korea.”

“Why?” Felix pressed.

“There’s someone there that I think might be able to help us,” Chan told him, “I think it’s worth trying.” He looked down at the tied boy in his lap, “go back to sleep, sweetie. We can talk more about this tomorrow.”

“Can’t,” Felix replied, “nightmares.”

Chan frowned slightly at that. He knew exactly what the nightmares were about and he hated the world for its part in causing them. If the universe had just given the sweet sunshine boy that was Felix a better power, something that wasn’t seen as villainous……. With a sigh, Chan started to sing softly and within seconds Felix was asleep.

Chan watched the younger sleep for a few moments, smiling softly, before carefully picking him up and moving him to the bedroom. With Felix tucked in, he wondered if he should start making travel arrangements now or not. Chan fought back a yawn, looking at the clock before deciding to just go to bed as well.

 

--

 

“This should be the place,” Chan hummed, looking around at the building.

“It’s not bad,” Felix remarked, “looks promising at least.”

The last place the Aussie pair had gone looking for the Twin Flames and their teammates……well, they’d know the second they arrived that they’d gotten a bad tip. But now they were looking at a bar, one where the lights were clearly on. Sure, it looked pretty run down, but lights! That meant people were inside, people who might be the people that they were looking for.

“Let’s go inside,” Chan said, turning to fix Felix’s coat and scarf, “before you freeze.” Felix really wasn’t good with the cold, so much so that Chan always started to worry for him when the temperature started dropping.

“Chan,” Felix huffed, smiling slightly, “I’m alright, don’t worry. Like you said, let’s just go in.”

“Ok,” Chan nodded, taking Felix’s hand and leading him inside.

“Welcome,” said the young man behind the counter of the bar, “can I help you?” He smiled kindly at them and Chan was struck for a moment at how soft he looked. Like a teddy bear.

“We’re looking for someone,” Chan replied, “and we were told that we could find them here.”

“Oh?” the man frowned slightly and Chan could almost swear that he tensed slightly, “who might that be?”

“The Twin Flames,” Felix spoke up, stumbling slightly over the unfamiliar Korean words, “we were told to……..to find them here.” Chan couldn’t help but smile slightly over Felix’s pronunciation. Apparently, the same could be said for the other guy, too.

“Well,” he said, “that depends on why you’re looking for them.”

“We want their help,” Chan said, “or to join or……or something like that.”

“What do you need their help with?” the man asked, “Why would you want to join them? I mean, you look a little worse for wear, but….not bad enough to wanna join villains. Or at least what the news calls villains.” That last part was muttered under the guy’s breath and Chan almost missed it, but after hearing it…….well, he knew he was in the right place. If not, well, then he was at least heading in the right direction.

“Our powers,” Chan explained, “they…..well….”

People think we’re evil,” Felix frowned and even though he said it in English, the guy seemed to understand.

“What are you talking about?” he questioned, frowning slightly himself.

Felix pulled off one of his special gloves and grabbed a glass from a nearby table, turning it to ash instantly. The guy’s eyes widened slightly and Chan backed up slightly, putting himself directly in front of Felix incase the guy tried anything.

“Sanghyuk!” the guy yelled, “can you come out here please?”

“What’s wrong?” Sanghyuk asked, coming out of the backroom. He paused when he saw Chan and Felix, glancing over at the guy behind the counter. Chan and Felix froze as well, eyes wide as they realized who Sanghyuk was.

“They want to join,” the guy explained.

“Lots of people do, Woojin,” Sanghyuk countered, “what makes them so special? Why should I accept them into the family?”

“Their powers,” Woojin nodded towards the ash in Felix’s hand, “or at least that kid’s power.”

“What about their powers?” Sanghyuk pressed, clearly directing his question at anyone who could answer it.

“Felix can turn whatever he touches to ash,” Chan spoke up, “anything his hands comes into full contact with.” He grabbed Felix’s still covered hand to show off the glove that only covered three of his fingers.

“And what about you?” Sanghyuk asked, “what can you do?”

“My power is called siren,” Chan explained, “When I sing, I can control people. Put them to sleep, hypnotize them……whatever. It works when I talk, but not as well.”

“Sounds useful,” Sanghyuk nodded in understanding, taking a seat as the bar and taking the drink that Woojin offered him, “but why come to us? Surely you’d rather use those powers to be heroes, right?”

“Heroes tried to kill us,” Felix said, “we……they thought we would be villains, so this one hero tried to kill us before we could do anything. I…..I killed him and now……now we’ve got a lot more heroes who want us dead.” Chan quickly translated when he noticed the slightly confused looks on Sanghyuk and Woojin’s faces.

“How old are you?” Sanghyuk asked after a moment.

“I’m twenty,” Chan said, “and Felix is three years younger than me. We….we’ve been running for the last three or four years.”

“Son of a ,” Sanghyuk cursed as Woojin’s jaw dropped slightly, “killing children………ing hell.”

“Sanghyuk,” Woojin looked at his leader, silently pleading with him to take the pair in. Not that he needed to. After hearing that, there was no way Sanghyuk wasn’t gonna bring the pair into the fold.

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded in agreement, “yeah. You two…..you’re in. You’re part of our family now.”

Felix started to tear up at the idea of finally being safe, of having a family again, and Chan wasn’t too far behind him.

 

--

 

“Jisung!” Felix yelled, chasing after the older, by less than twenty four hours, boy, “give that back!”

“No way!” Jisung laughed, dodging his best friend, “you gotta catch me first, Lix.”

Sanghyuk and Chan sat at the dining room table, smiling softly as they watched their brothers playing. Taekwoon and Woojin were doing dishes in the kitchen, laughing as they talked about their shared passion; music. Sanghyuk took a moment to look around at his little family and felt happier then he’d felt in years. These……these were the most important people in his life. With them by his side he could do anything.

Like change the world, change it so that heroes were actually heroic and no one was called a villain because they had a certain power.

Jisung paused his movement when he noticed his brother’s smile, Felix crashing into him seconds later.

“What’s wrong?” Felix asked, looking between Jisung and Sanghyuk.

“Nothing,” Jisung replied, smiling softly, “I just…….it’s been a long time since he looked this happy.”

“Yeah,” Felix nodded, noticing how calm and relaxed Chan was, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen Chan look like that.”

“I’m glad,” Jisung told his best friend, “that you found us. That Taekwoonie and Woojinnie found us, too. I’m glad your our family.”

“Same,” Felix grinned, throwing his arms around Jisung and hugging him tightly.

A/N: so something I didn’t manage to work in here is some more detail about Felix’s power and gloves. First off: his power. So I said he could turn anything his hand(s) came into full contact (all four fingers, thumb, and palm) with to ash. Once he touches something, like a person, it’s almost like he infects it. Even if he instantly pulls his hand away, whatever he touched will completely turn to dust. The more contact he has and/or the longer he touches something for, the quicker it will turn to ash.

As for his gloves…..

So when his power first developed, his parents started getting him regular gloves. Well, I mean they got some pretty nice quality gloves, but they were that basic end-at-the-wrist-cover-all-four-fingers-and-thumb type gloves. His mom would alter them slightly to leave a finger or two uncovered so he didn’t turn them to ash, too. When Chan and Felix ran away, they didn’t have much cash so whenever Felix needed new gloves they had to settle for really crap quality stuff. But after joining Sanghyuk and co. they were able to get some really nice, mid-bicep length gloves.

See, Felix was messing around with Jisung one day. At some point, he noticed that one of his gloves had started coming off and he freaked out, terrified of hurting his best friend. Sanghyuk went out the next day and got him a bunch of new gloves, all different lengths. Felix ended up sticking to a pair that ended mid-bicep when at home, but on missions he wears a normal pair of gloves since that’s easier to take off.