You Messed Up

They Call Me Villain

“What the hell is wrong with you!” Jaehwan yelled, fighting back the urge to slap Sanghyuk’s arm.

“I didn’t think it was a big deal,” Sanghyuk replied, wincing slightly as Woojin healed his wounds.

“Not a-,” Jaehwan tried to find the right words as anger took over, “not a big deal? Sanghyuk! You’re bleeding!”

“You’ve got some broken bones,” Woojin decided to jump into the conversation, clearly siding with Jaehwan over his leader.

“Broken bones?” Jaehwan yelled, “broken bones? And you didn’t think that was important?”

“Woojin was tired,” Sanghyuk argued, sending a small glare Woojin’s way. The healer ignored it.

“Woojin’s wasn’t that tired,” Jaehwan snapped, “and he healed everyone else. Your injuries were worse, you should have told us so he could heal you and everyone else could heal the normal way.”

“It’s not that bad,” Sanghyuk tried to insist, “I’ve had worse.”

“Yeah,” Jaehwan scoffed, “I know. Or do you think I forgot that time I woke up to find the sheets stained in your blood?” Sanghyuk winced at that, recalling how Jaehwan had screamed in terror at the sight and how everyone who’d come into the room had echoed that reaction.

“I’m sorry,” Sanghyuk sighed, “I just…..I didn’t think it was that bad.”

“You never think about yourself,” Jaehwan sighed, anger fading and leaving only his fear, “every time you get hurt, you ignore it. You put the focus on everyone else. On anything else. Do you have any idea how much that hurts the rest of us? To see you value your own well-being so little?”

Sanghyuk opened his mouth, trying to think of something to say but couldn’t. Jaehwan just sighed before leaving the room.

“Well,” Woojin said after a long moment, “you messed up.”

“I know,” Sanghyuk replied, “I…..I don’t mean to…..undervalue myself or anything. I just…..I see you and the others hurt and I totally forget about my own pain. I swear, I mean to go to you and get everything heal, but……”

“I get it,” Woojin assured him, “you don’t do stupid like this when you’re the only one who got hurt. But that doesn’t make times like this any easier for any of us. Especially Jisung and Jaehwan. You’re the only family Jisung has and you’re the only everything Jaehwan has. Sure they have us, but you……you’re Sunggie’s brother and Jae’s lover.”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk sighed, shoulder sagging, “I’ll apologize to everyone tonight at dinner. And I’ll try to be better about looking after myself.”

“That’s all we can ask,” Woojin smiled slightly at his leader and brother, “but I’ll still ride your every time you forget.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way,” Sanghyuk replied.

A/N: I don’t really seem to be writing much for the Hyuken couple. I think it’s ‘cuz I associate Hyuken stuff with ‘the end is near’ because originally Jaehwan’s chapter was gonna be the second last chapter and I just changed my mind at the last second ‘cuz I wanted to play with this AU more. Haha I gotta ditch that word association so I can do more Hyuken stuff.