Left Out

They Call Me Villain

Hakyeon and Sanghyuk winced at the sound of the front door being slammed. Moments later, Wonsik stormed through headed for the secluded guest bedroom.

“What do you think that was about?” Hakyeon asked after a moment of silence.

“Probably got overwhelmed,” Sanghyuk frowned slightly, “probably something Taekwoon related.” Thanks to his power, or more specifically the uncontrollable nature of it, a little fight could easily turn into a big one or a little bit of kissing could progress into something Wonsik wasn’t actually ready for.

“Maybe,” Hakyeon hummed before returning to his book.

Or trying to anyway, his thoughts kept getting in the way.

Recently, Taekwoon and Wonsik had started dating. It was something most of the group had seen coming, the chemistry between the two obvious to anyone who knew them. Hakyeon was happy for them, really he was. it was just…….he couldn’t help but feel a little left out. Like, he’d see the two holding hands and he’d feel this horrible mix of happiness and loneliness.

Maybe it was just because his siblings had moved out. His sister was off to college in Europe, the best school they could find for her artistic passion, and his little brother had been shipped off to a special boarding school in America after he’d tried to join in on a mission and almost gotten himself killed. With them gone, Hakyeon had moved to the 10th floor apartment in order to avoid the empty feeling the 6th floor now held for him.

He’d also started spending more and more time with Taekwoon and Wonsik. He’d already done that, viewing them as his closest friends within the group, but now he had even more time to spend with them. Maybe that was why he felt the way he did when he saw them together. He was just going through what Jisung experienced when Felix started dating Hyunjin. Maybe, he just needed to start spending more time with the others.

But who?

Felix and Hyunjin were out since it would be the same ‘third wheel problem’ with them. Same went for Jisung and Minho. Chan and Woojin as well. Sanghyuk and Jaehwan were out. Jeongin and Seungmin weren’t technically dating, but they might as well be. That left Hongbin and Changbin.

“Hey,” Hakyeon said, startling Sanghyuk slightly, “do you know if Hongbin or Changbin are home?”

“I think Changbin went out to the dance studio with Hyunlix,” Sanghyuk said, trying to remember who exactly was around, “Hongbin should still be around here somewhere. Why?”

“I wanna see if he wants to see a movie or something,” Hakyeon replied as he got up.

“And you aren’t gonna ask me?” Sanghyuk teased.

“Date night,” Hakyeon shrugged, “but if you wanna blow Jaehwan off.” Sanghyuk laughed and Hakyeon left to find the technopath.

A/N: so this was originally gonna go, like, 3 different ways. Not gonna tell you all what those ways were since that will spoil what I’m gonna end up doing with Hakyeon.