Glasses

They Call Me Villain

Hyunjin couldn’t breathe.

Hyunjin couldn’t hear anything but the cold, cruel voice whispering in his ear that he’d done it now. He’d hurt Felix, killed him. He’d lost the person he loved more than anything because he was a monster, a killer. The others would never forgive him, they’d cast him out and he’d be alone.

He was a monster.

“Jinnie,” Felix pleaded, sobbing as he tried to get his boyfriend to calm down and return to reality, “Jinnie, please.”

“I got his spare glasses,” Woojin said, rushing to put them on the shivering young boy in Felix’s arms.

“Can you tell us what happened?” Sanghyuk asked, “Lix, did someone hurt you two? Does Woojin need to heal you?”

“N-no,” Felix whimpered, “we were…….we were walking in the park a-and something…..something came flying at us. I-I think it was a ball. It hurt Hyunjin and his glasses. They sh-shattered. He almost……he almost-.”

“It’s alright,” Woojin moved to hug the younger boy tightly, “Sanghyuk, where’s Wonsik?”

“He went out to coffee with Taekwoon,” Sanghyuk frowned, “I don’t know which shop though.”

“Hyunjin would feel bad about messing up their date,” Woojin frowned, “let’s….can you carry Hyunjinnie to his room? I’ll take Lix and we can, like, make a nest of blankets and pillow and plushies for them. It might help calm them down.”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded, taking Hyunjin into his arms, “if you wanna make the nest, I can go let the others know what’s up.”

“Good idea,” Woojin nodded before leading Felix to the elevator, “Lix, you did so good bringing him home, you know that right?”

“Couldn’t leave him there,” Felix sobbed into the other’s shoulder, “Jinnie was….was…..he’s so scared. I-I think he th-thinks he hurt me.”

“Oh baby,” Woojin hugged Felix closer, sharing a look with Sanghyuk.

Felix and Hyunjin were two of the sweetest people on earth. What could they have done to justify the world cursing them with powers like these? They lived in fear of accidently killing the people who they loved every day of their lives. It made Woojin wonder if there was a way to remove their powers forever. He knew that they’d take that option if it was given, but could it be?

He made a mental note to ask Sanghyuk about this later and focused his attention on the crying boy in his arms.

 

--

 

“Jinnie?” Hyunjin woke to the sound of Felix calling his name and the feeling of his lover’s arm around him.

“Lix?” he smiled softly before the memories flooded his mind, “Lix-.”

“Don’t!” Felix quickly cut him off, “Jinnie, I’m right here. I’m safe and sound. You didn’t hurt me.”

“I didn’t?” Hyunjin asked, not believing Felix’s words when the voice had been so convincing.

“You didn’t,” Felix replied, “open your eyes for me, alright? Woojin got your spare glasses on, so it’s safe.”

“Lix,” Hyunjin slowly opened his eyes before bursting into tears at the sight of his lover safe and sound, “I’m so sorry.”

“You didn’t do anything wrong,” Felix assured him, starting to cry himself, “someone broke your glasses. You couldn’t control it, Jinnie. It’s not your fault.”

The pair stayed like that for a while, Hyunjin apologizing and Felix assuring him everything was alright, before falling asleep due to how draining their day had been.

A/N: so originally this was just gonna be yet another example of how broken the Hyunlix couple is due to their deadly powers, but then……well……I think I see another story arc in the future. I mean, it’s not just Hyunlix who has y powers, Wonsik’s power isn’t a walk in the park either. But the idea of something being able to take away powers………well, that’s a pretty big can of worms.

Ya know, I think Felix’s view on his powers is less…….horrible then with Hyunjin. See, Felix might have grown up hearing he was a monster his whole life from kids at school and teachers and junk, but he came home to his parents who told him he wasn’t evil. He also had Chan and Chan’s parents assuring him that he was good too. Even after killing his first hero, he had Chan telling him over and over that he wasn’t to blame, that he did the right thing. And once they joined the Han bros, he was surrounded by people who didn’t think he was evil.

Hyunjin only had his mother and she isolated him in an attempt to protect him. She knew what he was going to face with a power like his, so she kept him from the world. Hyunjin didn’t know how the world viewed him until her death. Basically, he never had a reason to ask his mom if he was evil, if the others kids were right, like Felix did. And she never had a reason to tell him he was good. Entering the group home was a nasty shock he wasn’t at all ready for mentally because of this. So when it comes to his power, he’s a lot more mentally fragile then Felix.