Sharing a Bed

They Call Me Villain

Chan had no idea why it was bothering him so much.

He’d shared a bed a bunch of times.

After his parents died and he’d started living with Felix’s family, he’d had to share with Felix. The younger boy’s parents didn’t have a lot of money – a side effect of having a child with an ‘evil power was that no one wanted to hire them for good, well-paying jobs – so their apartment was super small and the boys had to double up on the fold-out couch. After he and Felix went on the run, they only ever had enough money for single bed hotel rooms or apartments.

It was fine, Chan didn’t care.

At least, he didn’t until Sanghyuk was handing out room assignments and paired him with Woojin.

The group was crashing at a hotel run by a Twin Flame’s supporter for a couple of nights. The owner had wanted them to have as much room as possible, but they couldn’t actually hand over that many rooms for free without someone noticing. Thus, the group was making due with three single rooms.

“Taekwoon,” Sanghyuk ordered, “you’re with me and Wonsik in 205. Jisung and Felix, you’re 207. Chan, you good to share 209 with Jinnie?”

“That sounds fine,” Taekwoon said, grabbing his, Sanghyuk, and Wonsik’s bags and heading off, “I’ll take the floor.”

“You sure?” Wonsik asked, trailing behind after taking the room key from Sanghyuk, “won’t that be bad for your back? I can take the floor if you want?”

“We’re here for three nights,” Sanghyuk suggested, “so if Wonnie takes the floor tonight, I’ll take it tomorrow, and Sik can take it for the final night.”

“This is gonna be awesome,” Jisung giggled, taking Felix’s hand and leading him towards their room, “like a sleepover.”

“Sleepover?” Felix frowned slightly, unsure of what the Korean word meant.

Sleepover,” Chan called, smiling softly as Felix’s confusion. They’d only been in Korea a few months and Felix was proving to be a very quick learner. It wouldn’t be long before moments of confusion like that were a thing of the past.

“Thanks, Channie,” Felix called back before getting caught up in conversation with Jisung.

“They’re so cute together,” Woojin smiled, “honestly, I don’t think I’ve seen Sunggie smile like that before.”

“Felix hasn’t smiled like that in a long time either,” Chan said, trying to remember the last time he’d heard Felix laugh. Honestly, he’d kind of forgotten what a happy Felix looked like.

“He deserves to smile all the time,” Woojin said, glancing over at Chan, “you do, too.” Chan didn’t know how to respond to that so he just followed Woojin to their room.

That was often what happened when Woojin said something nice like that to him. Chan didn’t know why, but anything nice that came out of the slightly older man’s mouth left him unable to respond. Well, that was kind of a lie. He knew exactly why it happened, he just didn’t want to admit it.

He had a crush on Woojin.

He could easily figure out why, too. Woojin was wonderful. He was so kind and caring, so talented and passionate. He was also very handsome. Anyone would fall for someone like that, so it didn’t really surprise Chan that he’d fallen as well. It just……he shouldn’t have done it.

Feelings like that…….Chan worried that they would hurt the group. What if Woojin found out about Chan’s feelings and it made him uncomfortable? What if it made it hard for him to be around Chan? It would mess things up for the rest of the group and that could end up getting someone hurt or killed while on a mission. And what if Woojin accepted his feelings and they started dating, only for things to end in a massy break up? That could ruin the group as well.

These thoughts kept swirling around in Chan’s head as he layed in bed beside Woojin, trying not to give in to his urge to cuddle against the other man.

A/N: poor Channie. But things work out for him in the end! I like to imagin the hotel being for, like, more upper-middle class people. I feel like most of the Twin Flame support thus far has come from the poor and really low middle class people, so it feels important to point out that their support is a lot more wide spread.