Sing for Me

They Call Me Villain

Chan smiled softly as he listened to Taekwoon and Woojin singing in the next room. Hearing the pair sing as they cooked dinner never failed to make him feel better after a stressful day. The two clearly loved music and that passion was clear in their vocals. It made Chan want to sing along with them. Maybe write something.

He….he hadn’t written a song in a long time.

He used to write a lot of songs back when he lived in Australia. It was how he coped with things, like his parents’ deaths and the bullying he received at school. But it became a hobby that was hard to keep once he and Felix were on the run. His little brother tried to keep him writing, stealing notebooks and pencils whenever he could, but it was hard so he just…..stopped.

“What’s that look for?” Sanghyuk asked upon noticing that Chan wasn’t focusing on their plans for the next mission.

“Sorry,” Chan was quick to say, blushing slightly in embarrassment, “I zoned out.”

“I know that,” Sanghyuk teased, “I asked what you were thinking about.”

“Music,” Chan said, “I used to write songs.”

“Used to?” Sanghyuk pressed, “Not still do?”

“It got hard to keep up once Lix and I were on the run,” Chan explained, “notebooks were just one more thing to lug around when we had to travel light. Plus I needed all my attention to be on keeping us safe. No distractions, even if it calmed me.”

“Well,” Sanghyuk said, “you aren’t running now. And you don’t need to be on your guard all the time. You could always start writing again.”

“I wouldn’t even know where to start,” Chan sighed, “and it’s been so long, too. I don’t know if I could write anything anymore.”

“You can ask Woojin for help,” Sanghyuk auggested, “I mean, he went to school for music. If there’s anyone under this roof who could help you, it would be him.”

“Hmm,” Chan frowned slightly, thinking about this, “maybe I should.”

“If you want to write songs again,” Sanghyuk smiled softly at the younger, “then write. If it makes you happy, then do it. With what you’ve gone through, you deserve something that makes you happy.”

Chan nodded, smiling. He really loved Sanghyuk, he was the big brother he’d always wanted. Someone Chan knew he could count on, who could be the strong one when Chan couldn’t handle that burden.

A/N: this didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it, but I like where it ended up.