Save Me

They Call Me Villain

Getting arrested was kind of part of the job, a run of the mill job hazard. That didn’t make it any less though. It was also a fact that the others would come and save whoever was taken in. That did make the wait any easier.

Jeongin rested his head on Felix’s shoulder, Seungmin mirroring the action on Felix’s other side, as they road in the back of a police van. The youngest felt horrible as the blame for their capture fell squarely on his shoulders. Or at least that’s how he felt. He knew that Felix and Seungmin would argue this with him, would try to convince him that he wasn’t to blame. He knew that they would be lying though.

They’d been fleeing a hero who’d seen through Seungmin’s disguise – Jeongin’s first mistake since he’d been the one who’d put the whole thing together. Actually, that was his second mistake since going out had been his idea. The first mistake he’d made was tripping over his own feet. Felix and Seungmin had rushed to his side to help him and that was when the hero caught them.

“It’s not your fault,” Felix said, pulling Jeongin from his thoughts, “none of this is your fault, Innie.”

“But I wanted to go out,” Jeongin argued.

“We could have said no,” Seungmin replied, “we decided to come along.”

“I’m the one who put your disguise together,” the younger pointed out.

“And it was a good one,” Felix shrugged, “no one else saw through it.

“That fake was friends with my dad,” Seungmin added, “He’s known me since I was little. It’s only natural that he’d see through any disguse we could put together.”

“I tripped,” Jeongin finally said, his guilt causing him to start crying.

“Innie,” Felix tried to hug the younger as best he could with cuffs on, “sweetie, accidents happen. we’ve all tripped and fallen at some inopportune moment. I fell trying to catch a hero once and Jinnie had to carry me home.”

“Things happen,” Seungmin nodded, “it’s not your fault.”

Before Jeongin could respond, the van slammed on the breaks. The three heard the cops get out, shouting and shooting at something they couldn’t see. The noises quickly turned to screams before ending all together.

“Took them long enough,” Felix huffed, “we’re only a couple blocks away from the station.”

“Jaehwan can only go so fast,” Seungmin shrugged, “need help with your gloves?”

“Could you?” Felix asked, shifting around so that Seungmin could access his hands easier, “be careful.”

“I know.”

Felix’s cuffs were soon ash and moments later so were Seungmin’s and Jeongin’s. moments later Jaehwan was throwing open the doors and Jeongin was jumping into his arms.

“Let’s go home, alright?” the ex-hero smiled, hugging the youngest back just as tightly, “sorry for the wait, I was in the shower when we got your destress beacon.”

“It’s fine,” Felix grinned a he put his gloves back on, “you still got here faster than anyone else would have.”

“Have I ever mentioned how happy I am that you joined?” Seungmin laughed, joining in on the hug, “I did not feel like breaking out of a police station today.”

A/N: I assume that the group probably has, like, a couple different destress beacons. Like, there’s one for getting busted by cops, one for running into villains who wanna fight, and one for when they’re in the middle of a hero battle and they’re trying to pretend to be a civilian. I also assume that Jaehwan’s flight makes him the ideal choice to go in and check things out or save the others since he can get there the fastest.