Blue Fire

They Call Me Villain

The group sat on the roof of their apartment building, waiting for a sign that the mission had been a success. Everyone was anxious, no one liked that Sanghyuk and Jisung had gone alone to face Number One. When the Han brothers had told them of this plan, everyone had fought them on it. It was already a dangerous mission, why did they want to make it harder on themselves by going in alone? Eventually they’d managed to talk everyone into it and now everyone regretted agreeing.

“Sunggie promised,” Felix suddenly said, holding onto Hyunjin’s hand tightly, “he promised they would be fine.”

“Sanghyuk promised as well,” Taekwoon agreed, “he’s never broken a promise before.”

“But,” Seungmin bit his lip, “shouldn’t…..shouldn’t there be a sign by now? If things worked out…..”

“Everything will be fine!” Felix snapped before freezing, eyes widening as he realized what he’d done, “oh no, Minnie! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to--!”

“It’s alright, Lix,” Seungmin smiled slightly, “I know. I’d snap too.”

“Hey!” Minho suddenly yelled, “I see fire!”

Everyone rushed to the edge of the roof, looking out towards Number One’s office. His office was massive, a tower that stood high about everything else in the city and could be seen clearly even from the poorest part of the metropolis. He’d always claimed that it was to remind villains that he was always there, always watching. Those who knew what an arrogant bastard he was knew that really is was an ego thing.

And now that building was being lit up by flames.

Blue flames.

Everyone would see it, exactly what Sanghyuk wanted.

“So pretty!” Jeongin cheered, throwing his arms around Seungmin and making the other dance around with him.

“The heroes are gonna be in a fit after that,” Jaehwan said.

“Without their leader, they’ll be like headless chickens,” Taekwoon nodded.

“The power struggle should be interesting,” Chan spoke up, “who’ll take the title, number two? Or that new rookie Hongbin was telling us about? The kid considered to be the closest to becoming the new number one.”

“I hope it’s the kid,” Felix said, “He’s an actual hero.”

“They’ll probably follow number two, though” Seungmin frowned, “if he’s in power, nothing changes. Bad heroes can keep their jobs and don’t have to pay for their crimes. The kid would try to change things.”

“But they know that we’re hunting the fakes,” Hyunjin pointed out, “and if we’ve taken down the biggest fake of all…….they might be convinced to change. If only to save their own skins.”

“Let’s worry about that later,” Sanghyuk said as he and Jisung joined the others, “let’s focus on our victory now.”

“Yeah,” Jisung grinned, taking a seat between Minho and Felix, “tonight is for celebration. The corrupt king is dead!” the others cheered and all attention turned to doing as told; celebrating their win.

“You alright?” Jaehwan whispered, resting against Sanghyuk. This was, after all, the hero that killed his mother.

“I feel good,” Sanghyuk replied, “we’ve taken the biggest step towards achieving our dream of a better world.”

“Now we just focus on bringing down everything else,” Jaehwan smiled, pressing a kiss to Sanghyuk’s cheek.

“I hope the world likes blue fire,” Sanghyuk laughed, “because they’ll be seeing a lot more of it.”

“How’d you get here so fast?” Jaehwan questioned, pulling away so he could look Sanghyuk over for injuries, “and how did the fight go?”

“We had a teleporter buddy on standby,” Sanghyuk replied, “kid calls himself Kai. And the fight…..I’ll have to ask Woojin to heal us up tomorrow.”

“How bad?” Jaehwan scowled, not at all liking Sanghyuk and Jisung putting off getting healed.

“Just minor stuff,” Sanghyuk assured him, “nothing that can’t sit until morning. That bastard was getting slow in his old age, probably should have retired but……too late.”

“If you say so,” Jaehwan huffed, not totally believing Sanghyuk since the other had a nasty habit of downplaying his own injuries, “but Woojin heals you both first thing in the morning, got it?”

“Got it,” Sanghyuk laughed, “now, can we go watch the building burn? I want to enjoy this victory while it’s still fresh.”

“To the first victory of many,” Jaehwan grinned, taking Sanghyuk’s hand and leading him over to everyone else.

A/N: So, from here on out, things will turn to more extra canon content-type stuff. I mean, I’ll probably write a little something along the line “XX years later”, but I feel like that’s more……final chapter type stuff. The kind of thing you write when the story is done and you don’t wanna revisit the AU. But I wanna play around in this AU a bit more. Thus: extra canon content! I will be taking a couple days off before I start posting that stuff though on account of starting to come down with something. Tis the season and all that. But I’ll be back when I’m feeling better, so look forewords to new stuff then!