My Best Friend

They Call Me Villain

Jisung’s best friend was Felix. He’d had friends before sure, but none like Felix. They weren’t just friends, they were brothers. Soulmates. Born less than a day apart, Jisung knew that they were destined to meet and be friends – although he’d rather that they’d met under happier circumstances. Sure he had the others, but Felix was special. He was Felix.

But now…..now it didn’t feel like Felix felt the same about him.

Jisung would never be angry with Felix for dating Hyunjin. The two were made for each other and anyone could see that. Seeing the two cuddled together on the couch, laughing and talking and exchanging kisses was so sweet to watch. And Felix deserved that, deserved to be loved the way Hyunjin loved him. Deserved all that and more.

It was just…..

Where did that leave Jisung?

He felt so selfish for thinking that, truly horrible, but he just….he missed his best friend. He missed hanging out all the time like they used to. He missed cuddling his Felix’s bed because the slightly younger boy had a nightmare and didn’t wanna wake up Chan. He missed watching movies with Hyunjin and Felix and not feeling like a third wheel.

He sounded so…..so selfish.

That was why he didn’t talk to Felix about what he was feeling. And maybe that was just making things worse. Sanghyuk had always encouraged them to talk about their problems, told them that keeping quiet and letting these things fester only made problems grow. But Jisung didn’t want to make Felix feel bad, so he kept his mouth shut.

At least, he did until Felix came into his room one morning.

“Sunggie,” Felix frowned, “what’s going on with you lately?”

“Nothing,” Jisung tried to smile, “I’m alright. Well, maybe a little tired.”

“Jisung,” Felix’s frown grew, “don’t lie to me. I know you. I know when there’s something bugging you.” He paused for a moment, “I also might have gone to Sanghyuk already to see if he knew anything.”

“Oh,” Jisung replied, looking down. There was no way Sanghyuk hadn’t noticed how he’d been acting lately. There was even less chance of him not telling Felix everything he knew.

“I’m sorry if I’ve been making you feel left out, Sunggie,” Felix said, sitting down beside his best friend and pulling him into a tight hug, “I’ve been thinking and….and I didn’t think I’ve really made time for you lately. I’ve been so caught up in Hyunjin that I just…..forgot to spend time with everyone else important to me.”

“Don’t apologize, Lix,” Jisung insisted, hugging Felix back just as tight, “you and Jinnie just started dating, you’re allowed to be all caught up in each other to the point of forgetting the rest of the world exists. I’m just being se--.”

“No you aren’t,” Felix snapped, pulling away so that he could look Jisung in the eyes “you are the farthest thing from selfish, Han Jisung. Don’t you dare think that about yourself.”

“We’ve both messed up,” Jisung said after a long silence, “I should have talked to you sooner and you should have remembered about everyone else who loves you.” Although Jisung didn’t really believe that last part.

“Well, we can fix all of that now,” Felix grinned, “we talked and now we can go out for the day, just the two of us.”

“Alright,” Jisung grinned just as brightly.

A/N: the friendship between Felix and Jisung is, like, total friendship goals in my mind.