The Bar

They Call Me Villain

Woojin panicked slightly as he tried to locate the woman who owned the bar the group of villains frequented. He’d gone with her to the grocery store that day, unwilling to let her go alone. They’d split up, trying to get as much done on her shopping list as quickly as possible, when a hero struck. Some careless fake with a size power clearly wasn’t watching where they were stepping, too caught up in more ‘important’ things. Woojin cursed the hero, mind filled with all the jobs that this would endanger, before going to look for his older friend.

He couldn’t find her and he started to panic.

“S-Sanghyuk,” Woojin called the leader on his burner phone, hands shaking as he tried to move the rubble, “something’s happened.”

“I’ll be right there,” Sanghyuk said, “is the hero still there?”

“I think so,” Woojin replied, his leader’s calm voice doing wonders for his nerve. If Sanghyuk wasn’t freaking out, then that meant things were going to be ok.

“Miss Park?” Sanghyuk asked, “Is she with you?”

“No,” Woojin reported, “there’s a lot of people trapped in the store. I don’t think rescue teams will show up until the fight is done.”

“I’ll bring Taekwoon and Felix with me,” Sanghyuk decided, “just focus on helping the people you can get to right now. Get them out of there, Woojin.”

“Got it,” Woojin nodded before setting off to complete his task.

 

--

 

“How’s the leg feeling?” Sanghyuk asked Miss Park, handing her a glass of water and her pills.

“The doctor says it will be fine in time,” she replied, “so as fine as it can be for someone my age.”

“Is there anything I can do?” Woojin asked.

“Not right now,” she smiled kindly at him, “dear, you’ve done plenty for me already. All of you have.”

“It feels like I haven’t done anything,” Woojin sighed.

“I’d be dead without you,” she argued, “without all of you. And don’t you forget it!” she paused for a moment, “that’s why I want to do something for all of you.”

“What do you mean?” Sanghyuk asked, frowning slightly.

“I’m not going to be able to run the bar anymore,” she explained, “not the way I wanted to retire, but at least I get to retire so I shouldn’t complain. Since I know how much that place means to you and the boys, I want you to have it.”

“We can’t take your bar,” Woojin argued, “It’s your bar. It’s your dream.”

“I told you,” she frowned, “I can’t run it anymore. I’d rather it go to people who’ll look after it then it ending up just another abandoned, broken dream. I know you kids will make sure that doesn’t happen.”

“You’re sure?” Sanghyuk asked.

“Positive,” she nodded.

“Then we’ll take over the bar,” Sanghyuk smiled slightly, “and we’ll make sure that your dream stays alive for many more years.”

“I know you will.”

 

--

 

“Are you sure about this?” Woojin asked as the pair walked to the group’s current home, “Can we run a bar?”

“We have to,” Sanghyuk replied, “Miss Park’s pills cost a lot of money and she can’t pay for it.”

“We’re going to pay for her pills with the bar’s profits?” Woojin started to smile.

“And we’re gonna pay for permanent living conditions,” Sanghyuk continued, “and we’re gonna pay back everyone who’s helped us.”

“You know that they’d all reject those offers,” Woojin pointed out, “they offered to help us out of--- wait, did you…..did you say ‘permanent living conditions’?”

“I’m getting sick of couch surfing,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “and I know everyone else is. It would be nice to have a bed I’ll still be sleeping in two weeks from now.”

“That would be nice,” Woojin laughed, knowing the real reason why Sanghyuk wanted a permanent home; Chan and Felix. The pair hadn’t had a place to call home for a long time and it wasn’t a secret that Sanghyuk wanted to give that to them.

Woojin, not for the first time, found himself feeling proud to call Sanghyuk his leader and friend.

A/N: when trying to think up ideas for extra content, I realized that I just had to do this.