Changbin

They Call Me Villain

Changbin joined the group a few hours before Seungmin did. He showed up at the bar, asking Woojin for the Twin Flames. Hyunjin glanced up from the homework he and Felix were doing together, taking in the slightly haggard appearance of the new arrival, before returning his attention to his work. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon had worked hard finding a tutor for the members of their group who hadn’t been able to finish high school, he wasn’t going to waste their hard work by getting distracted.

Besides, people coming into the bar looking for the Twin Flames wasn’t exactly out of the ordinary. Most of the time, it didn’t lead to anything. Woojin or Wonsik or Hakyeon or whoever was on duty would talk to them a little bit, gage what kind of person they were, and then send them on their way. Sometimes they got a new family member and that was great, but that wasn’t very common.

“Maybe we should go?” Felix wondered, voice low so as to not be overheard.

“Why?” Hyunjin questioned, glancing at the stranger, “does he make you uncomfortable?”

“No,” Felix frowned, “not really. I just…….his shadow is moving.”

Hyunjin looked and, sure enough, the man’s shadow was twitching. He looked around, trying to find a light source that would explain it, but there was nothing. Slowly so as to not attract attention, Hyunjin pushed Felix farther into the booth while trying to signal Woojin about what they had noticed. He didn’t know what this guy’s power was, but he wouldn’t be the first person to react badly to news that the Twin Flames weren’t around.

There was one guy who could shoot spikes who’d taken the rejection extremely badly.

“Why are you looking for them?” Woojin asked, noticing Hyunjin’s signal and nodded slightly.

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” the stranger said, playing with the sleeve of his shirt. That was when everyone noticed the scars peeking out from the fabric.

Woojin’s eyes softened, looking over the boy and noticing more scars peeking out from between the collar of his shirt and his scarf. Felix let out a small whine, his heart going out to the young man. Hyunjin winced as well, feeling some of his own scars itching. He suddenly didn’t want to know what the other man had gone through to get such marks.

“Sanghyuk,” Woojin called, “can you come out here?”

Sanghyuk was half-way through questioning Changbin when Seungmin walked in.

 

--

 

Hyunjin scowled as he watched Changbin and Felix messing around. He didn’t like to think he was a jealous boyfriend, but this……this sure seemed to point towards exactly that. He just…..he couldn’t help but feel jealous every time he saw Changbin with Felix. There was just something about the way the newest member of the group looked at Felix that just…….it pissed Hyunjin off!

“Babe?” Felix asked, sitting down beside the other man, “Did something happen? You look angry.”

“I don’t like how he looks at you,” Hyunjin admitted, knowing that lying to Felix wasn’t the right move, “he looks at you……it’s the same way I look at you.”

“Really?” Felix blinked in confusion, “are you sure you aren’t imagining it? Changbin…..he’s just a friend.”

“I’m sure,” Hyunjin frowned, “and I know that’s how you see him, but…….but I really don’t think that’s how he sees you.”

“Maybe you just need to spend time with him?” Felix suggested, “He’s really nice. Like, he tries to act all dark, but he’s really cute.”

“Maybe,” Hyunjin sighed.

That night as Hyunjin lay cuddled in bed with Felix, his mind started to wander back to the topic of Changbin. He started to wonder if the other really did look at Felix with love or if it was his mind playing tricks on him. It wasn’t exactly a secret to anyone that he thought he didn’t deserve Felix, that he thought his bright angel could do so much better than him. Was this just an extension of that? Or did Changbin really have feelings for Felix?

“Babe?” Felix yawned, rolling over to find Hyunjin still very awake, “what’s wrong? Jinnie, talk to me. Please?”

“I’m not sure if he does like you,” Hyunjin sighed, “or if I’m just…..projecting or something.”

“I love you,” Felix smiled slightly, pressing a soft kiss to his boyfriend’s lips, “I love you so much and I always will. There’s nothing that could make me stop loving you. I just wish you could see what I see.”

“I wish you could see what I see, too,” Hyunjin replied, brushing some of Felix’s hair from his face, “Jisung told me about what you said last week. About how good I looked with that girl from the coffee shop.”

“We’re kind of a mess, aren’t we?” Felix laughed slightly.

“Yeah,” Hyunjin nodded, “but you’re my mess and I’m yours. So long as we remember that…….we’ll be fine.”

“I like it when you’re positive,” Felix grinned, “now, go to sleep? We’ve got work to do in the morning.”

“It’s Seungmin’s first mission, right?” Hyunjin asked, “Think he’ll be ok?”

“If he isn’t,” Felix frowned at the thought of their friend getting into trouble the following day, “then at least he’ll have us, Jisung, and Minho.”

“Jeongin might be joining us,” Hyunjin frowned, “I heard him talking to Sanghyuk about going with us.”

“Sanghyuk might let him come,” Felix replied after thinking it over, “it’s not that dangerous a mission, so he’d be fine.”

“We’ll see what Sanghyuk decided in the morning.”

Honestly, they were both kind of hoping that Sanghyuk would say no. The idea of Jeongin taking part in missions just……it made them worry. He was their baby after all, didn’t matter how powerful he was or how many times he insisted he was grown up. No one wanted him to be on the front lines, no one wanted to see him have to…..have to kill.

 

--

 

“Hi,” Hyunjin said, taking a seat beside Changbin on the couch of Sanghyuk’s apartment.

They always called it Sanghyuk’s apartment, and it technically was, but it was really more of a communal space. The group always ate together in the apartment’s kitchen/dining room. They always went to Sanghyuk’s living room when they wanted to watch a movie together. When Hyunjin had first arrived, it had been this apartment where he’d spent his first night.

“Hey,” Changbin said, looking up from whatever it was he was writing, “something wrong?”

“Nah,” Hyunjin replied, “just wanted to hang out a little bit.”

“You never hang out with me,” Changbin pointed out, “you’re always with Felix. And if you aren’t with him, you’re with Woojin, Seungmin, and Jeongin. Sometimes you, Minho, and Felix will go to the dance studio a few blocks over for a few hours to blow off some steam.”

“Oh,” Hyunjin frowned slightly, realizing that this would probably be the first time he hung out with Changbin. He felt pretty bad about that.

“So why?” Changbin asked.

“Felix thinks I should actually talk to you,” Hyunjin replied, “and thinking about it now, I agree.”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” Changbin said after a moment, “I’m alright being alone.”

“If that was true,” Hyunjin challenged, “then you wouldn’t hang out with Chan, Jisung, and Felix half as much as you do.”

“Maybe I just don’t think we’d get along,” Changbin fired back.

“What makes you say that?” Hyunjin replied, eyes narrowing slightly.

“I’m just playing around,” Changbin suddenly laughed, “Felix said you were a little jealous, so I thought I’d mess with you a little.”

“I’m dumb,” Hyunjin sighed, “I know.”

“It’s good that you know that,” Changbin nodded sagely, “you should know…….I do love him, but only as a brother.”

“Ah,” Hyunjin winced, feeling even more foolish. Thinking about it now, the way Changbin looked at Felix was pretty similar to how Chan looked at the younger Aussie.

“He…..reminds me of someone,” Changbin said, playing with the fabric covering his arms subconsciously. Hyunjin winced even harder knowing that he’d brought up painful memories for the other.

“I’m sorry,” Hyunjin apologized, “for making you think about it.”

“It’s fine,” Changbin forced a smile, “you didn’t mean to. You didn’t know.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Hyunjin frowned, “we’re family and family shouldn’t treat you like I’ve been treating you.”

“I’ve only been here a few months,” Changbin shrugged, “and it’s not like I go out of my way to spend time with anyone. Heck, Felix, Chan, and Jisung all came to me. They insisted on making friends, not me.”

“I didn’t open up to everyone right away either,” Hyunjin said after a moment, “just Felix.”

“Chan mentioned something about that,” Changbin hummed, “he figured it was because of your power.”

“Everyone here,” Hyunjin smiled slightly at the memory of when he’d first arrived, “well, everyone who was here at the time, they were the first people after my mother to accept me. To love me. It was easy to bond with Chan and Felix, they were like me. And Felix is the one who brought me home. Everyone else…….it took me a while to realize that they really did want me.” He glanced at Changbin, “everyone loves you, too. Doesn’t matter what’s in your past, this is your home. We’re your family.”

The pair fell silent, just looking at each other until Sanghyuk made his way into the room.

“Hyunjin,” the leader smiled, “Minho and Felix were looking for you. Changbin, Woojin and Taekwoon wanted some help with dinner so I volunteered you. That alright?”

“That’s fine,” Changbin nodded, getting up and going to find the two older men.

“Where are they?” Hyunjin asked as he got up as well, “did they mention what they needed?”

“They’re in Minho and Jisung’s apartment,” Sanghyuk replied, taking a seat on the now empty couch, “no idea what they wanted though.”

“I’ll go see,” Hyunjin said, “I promise we’ll be here in time for dinner.”

“Hyunjin,” Sanghyuk called before the younger man could go very far.

“Yeah?” Hyunjin turned, looking at Sanghyuk in confusion.

“Keep it up,” Sanghyuk replied, nodding towards the kitchen.

Hyunjin nodded before leaving.

“How’d it go?” Felix asked later that night when the couple was curled up on their own couch watching a movie.

“We didn’t talk that much,” Hyunjin replied, “so I didn’t really see that cute thing you were talking about.”

“But you’ll try again?” Felix pressed, “please, Changbin needs more friends.”

“I’ll try again in a few days,” Hyunjin promised.

A few months later, Changbin could often be found messing around with Felix and Hyunjin.

A/N: I’m sure you’re all wondering what Changbin’s past is. I’m also sure you’ve got some theories based on the hints I left. But…..I’m not gonna tell you. It’s more fun to have you imagine what happened to our sweet baby Changbin.