Ch.10 Challenge Accepted

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time has come for Jinyoung's departure and all his companions are worried about his safety. It is well known that the Queen has been quiet about the King's activity but is well informed of it. And silence makes everyone jittery for it means many things...it means staying hidden before an attack, it means plotting and planning before a kill, it means danger. And Jinyoung apparently doesn't give any about it.

"What has gotten into you to make you this annoying my dear sister?" Chanyeol drawls as Jinyoung was being herded outside with his ladies in waiting as well as Healer Chen. 

Jinyoung scowled at his brother.

"Shut up, you don't know what I am going through right now you giant of a man." Jinyoung hisses as his mood doesn't get any better. 

He's happy that somehow he knew Mark is in this place as well, he's not alone. But the thought about Jaebum's wife,...the Queen pisses him off. That woman will certainly make his life miserable here, of course, he knows just how things work inside the palace, not only because of the historical dramas that are popular in his time but also because of their history subject at school. Crazy things are known to happen inside the palace and he needs to man up or else he will freaking die.

Chanyeol scrunches up his eyebrows as he thinks of what could possibly make Jinyoung this mad. He looks at Chen who blushes and shrugs his shoulders.

"Well then tell me what or who the problem is so that I can eliminate it." Chanyeol seriously said as he looks down at Jinyoung who lifted an eyebrow in surprise and stopped in his track.

"Are you serious? You will help me if I call for help brother?" Jinyoung has a hopeful smile on his face which makes Chanyeol more nervous at the sudden mood swing.

"Yeah..it is my duty to help you in any way I can since you're my sister."

Jinyoung nods his thanks and hugged Chanyeol.

"Thank you. You're the best big brother ever Oppa..."

Chanyeol huffs under his breath and lets Jinyoung do whatever he wants just to make him calm down from one of his moods.

Baekhyun arrived from the scene with a worried expression on his face as he motions for Chanyeol to come to him. The taller man shuffled on curiously as he noticed how distraught Baekhyun is.

"What happened.."

"Captain Park, someone left a letter in Jinyoung's room after they went out. This is so sick...I am actually scared for your sister."

Chanyeol stands up straight at the thought of someone wishing Jinyoung harm.

"Tell me the details..."

"Here...someone left this letter on his bed."

Chanyeol took the folded paper and gasped in shock. 

It is a folded paper with Jinyoung's name written in red ink. It is a sign of bad luck, a sign of someone wishing the recipient bad luck and death.

"How...who could have left this..."

Baekhyun grabs his shoulders and looks intently at the taller man.

"Captain Park, who could have access in every part of the palace and works in silence.."

Chanyeol's eyes widen in realization. Of course, this would be the Queen's actions. A message telling Jinyoung to back off. It is unwise for them to think that the Queen's clan will let all this happen under their watch.

"She acts fast..." Chanyeol mutters.

Jinyoung looks at his brother talking with Healer Byun and pokes Chen at his chest making the smaller man giggle. 

"Aiyoo..Jinyoung. Don't do that, a lady shouldn't initiate skinship with other men, especially you who has the king's affection." Chen whines.

Jinyoung looks him in the eyes with a teasing smile.

"Who are you to teach me to behave when you're basically checking out my brother every time he's not looking." 

"I...I was not!.." Chen stutters as Jinyoung continues to .

Deciding to stop torturing the smaller man Jinyoung grabs his skirt and runs as fast as he could to where Chanyeol and Baekhyun were talking. Seeing the letter in his brother's hands he push his body towards Chanyeol making the man sway sidewards in surprise and was left gaping when he saw Jinyoung grabbing the letter and perusing it as pretty as he, please.

"Wait...Jinyoung. Don't touch that letter aishhh..."

Jinyoung stays silent as he stares at the paper with his name written in red ink. He's not dumb to know what this means. Clutching his fist in irritation.

So...it has begun huh.

Baekhyun looks nervously at Jinyoung and then back to Chanyeol.

"That thinks she can bully me around huh? Healer Byun...get me paper and red ink." Jinyoung hisses as Baekhyun swallows nervously, looking helplessly at Chanyeol.

"Hey, let's all calm down for a second alright. Let's think about our action first before..." Chanyeol stopped when he saw Jinyoung glaring at him.

"Oppa, I need a paper and a ing red ink, or else I will tell mother and father that you are being mean to me."

Chanyeol grabs his chest and glares at his "sister".

"What did I ing do in my life for me to have an evil sister like you. Yah... you heard my sister get a paper and red ink ready." Chanyeol shouted as his sister's maid scurried to obey the order.

"Do you know what you're doing Park Jinyoung.."

Jinyoung smiled evilly at Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Oh yes, I know. It's time to show her that she can't push me around. With or without the King's help."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eunuch Jia bows toward the King as he handed him the report. Eradicating the bad eggs from the government has been very tricky and requires constant vigilance.

"Here is the list of the families that may be connected to the rebels Pyeha..but of course, they are all innocent unless we have proof of their conspiracy."

Jaebum shakes his head in sadness, greed can be the death of a family, heck even the whole bloodline as long as their hideous act is proven. What leader, parent, a brother would sacrifice the safety and future of his family for a small amount of power.

"Good job, give our men some reward for their hard work, and always remind them that loyalty to the crown will earn them a much better future than what they have left behind," Jaebum instructed as Eunuch Jia nods his head.

Jaebum is a very active King, he goes out of the palace in secret and mingles with the citizen, they didn't get suspicious of him because he acts like a normal man outside, in truth the King is happier outside the palace rather than inside it. He knows firsthand what his people need because he goes on his way to find out what his government lack..a character that Eunuch Jia admires so much in the young King.

On his adventures outside he has encountered a group of rebels and fought them, the King's life is in danger at that time but he didn't give up, earning the respect of the rebel's leader, giving him the chance to speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter