Eight

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight

Both of them are still caught in the moment kissing each other passionately that they didn’t hear the elevator ding. It is the janitor assigned to their floor. It’s almost the office building closing time.

“I’ll just skip this floor tonight.” The janitor says eyeing both of the ladies.

This startles Seulgi and pulls away from the kiss like she is caught red-handed doing something bad.

“You can go back to kissing each other again.” The janitor presses another button from the elevator and the doors close.

“Uh, I have to get some files.” Joohyun stammers as she walks fast towards her office. She closes the door behind her and leans on the it as she crosses her arms on her chest. “What did just happen?” She asks herself.

She quickly takes the documents she needs and heads out. She is surprised Seulgi is still waiting by the elevators. “I thought you left already.”

“Why would I do that? I’m taking responsibility for my actions.” Seulgi says as she presses the button going down. “Did you get everything you need?”

Joohyun got everything she needed right beside her. “Yeah, I got these case files.” She raises her hand holding the documents. She cannot help but smile unknowingly.

Both of them stepped inside the elevator. There was a hint of uninvited awkwardness between them. They arrived at the parking lot and started walking.

Joohyun notices they already had passed by Seulgi’s car. “Isn’t that your car?” She turns and points at the silver Volvo S90. She knew the web developer has deep fascination for cars. Even the one Seulgi crashed in the accident, a silver Maserati, was not even that cheap.

“I’m walking you to your car.” Seulgi says nonchalantly. “Taking responsibility, remember?” She reminds the lawyer.

When they arrived at Joohyun’s reserved spot, the lawyer opens the door to the driver’s seat and goes in. She starts the engine and lowers the window, where Seulgi is standing outside. “Thank you for walking me to my car.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Seulgi steals a peck on Joohyun’s cheek before going towards her car.

This left Joohyun dumbfounded again. She regards Seulgi didn’t lose her sweetness at all. Her lover was like that before the accident too. Seulgi would just do simple things in her own crafty ways.

—-

Seulgi arrived at her apartment with a light feeling. It was like she is on the clouds. She is sure Doctor Son would definitely love this progress.

She cannot describe the feeling. There’s a surge of happy emotions running through her. Too much not of the lethargic ones she was feeling these past two days, that she thinks she would be able to sleep well tonight.

She tries to piece it out together. Her memories might have been erased but her feelings are not. Maybe it just needed some jumpstart. If she had known, she wouldn’t have pushed Joohyun away when they saw each other the first time at the coffee shop. Now that she thinks about it, she’s been acting like a cocky prick all this time.

She does not think her mom would be awake at past eleven in the evening and answer her call. “Eomma, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter