Eleven

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eleven

Seulgi closes her eyes while Doctor Son explains some scientific stuff about her recovery process. She tries to bring back that dream in her head while she listens to the doctor. “You know, Doctor Son, you sound like the lady in my dream.”

Seungwan is dumbfounded for a moment. She was interrupted in the middle of her telling her patient about the repercussions of her temporary amnesia. “Do I? Maybe it’s because I’ve been the only person you talk to for more than a year so you imagine my voice to be like the lady in your dream.” She tries to deviate the suspicion.

——

Joohyun pulls her hand away from the handshake. It was awkward. People are staring at them so she needed to pull away, and fast.

Seulgi sits to check her laptop for the uploading progress of her project. They really haven’t exchanged any words after Seungwan went off. Joohyun’s prettiness is too distracting for her and it was the first time that she got intimidated by someone. Usually, when she sees someone pretty, she would immediately be confidently talkative.

As soon as her project is uploaded completely, she puts her laptop in her backpack. “I’ll get going now. It was nice to meet you, Bae Joohyun-sshi.” She offers the pol sci major a friendly smile before going on her way.

——

“What!? I left you alone together and you didn’t do anything? Did you not even initiate small talk?” Seungwan shouts in exasperation. “You’ve lost your touch, Kang!”

“I’ve decided to be single and celibate.” Seulgi makes a serious face before laughing out loud.

“Are you quitting university to become a nun? I cannot believe you don’t like Joohyun-unnie!” Seungwan looks at Seulgi with such disappointment. She thought Joohyun is Seulgi’s type.

“No. I’ll give her A+ for the looks. But she doesn’t seem interested to me. I like it when girls go loco for me.” Seulgi likes the game of breaking hearts. But she actually behaved herself at the library because people were staring at them and Krystal was also there.

“I’m giving you the best option out there! Joohyun-unnie isn’t just a girl. She’s older than us. I know you only date girls your age and younger but maybe you want to try?” Seungwan just wants her best friend to deserve better than that Krystal. It was her first time to see Seulgi heartbroken instead of breaking someone else’s heart.

“She’s too good for me. I only date bimbos.” Seulgi sticks her tongue out.

“Krystal wasn’t. Why did I agree to be your best friend again? I feel like I need to change that title to ‘babysitter’ now.” Seungwan does not really understand why her best friend doesn’t settle for long.

“I know, I thought she was. This is what I get for being a player.” Seulgi admits.

——

“Unnie, isn’t that Kang Seulgi you were with at the library?” Park Sooyoung asks her cousin.

“Yes.” Joohyun answers nonchalantly.  

“Are you dating her?” Sooyoung continues to pry. She is a year below Seulgi in the same department. She knows Kang Seulgi is always never without a new girlfriend, dating girls not more than two months.

“What!? NOOOO!” Joohyun is annoyed. Her cousin is just too curious with her love life these days.

“Good. She’s a player so please stay away from her.” Sooyoung checks her cousin’s eyes. She’s sure Joohyun is telling the truth.

“Thanks for the concern, Sooyoung. But I don’t need it.” Joohyun is just certain Kang Seulgi just sounds trouble.

“Don’t come crying to me when she breaks your heart. I already warned you.” Sooyoung adds.

“Got it.”

——

“Unnie, do you like John Mayer? Something urgent came up that I cannot go and I have this front seat VIP ticket.” Seungwan casually says as they are at the library again for their weekly meetup.

“Are you serious? Yah, that was sold out. I’d go. How much are you selling it to me?” Joohyun’s eyes lit up. She was so disappointed when she wasn’t able to get one because it got sold out in three hours.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter