Nineteen

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi readies herself. If this is the time Joohyun would tell her about Jennie, the guilt will be off her chest. All this time, she blamed herself for being recklessly driving that night not knowing what it was about and why it came to be.

“Seul,” Joohyun is still looking farfetched. She focuses on the words, but nothing comes out. The streetlights are becoming painful to look at. And the feeling is getting heavier at all costs.

“Yeah?” Seulgi tried to sound as coolly as possible. She hasn’t thought about how she’d react if this is the revelation moment she’s been waiting for after the second crash and getting back her memories happened.

“If you remember something, please tell me.” Joohyun starts to cry. After seeing Jennie, she remembered how for a year, she cheated on Seulgi. She kept Seulgi hanging.

Maybe, this isn’t the time. Seulgi thought. She leans over to kiss Joohyun. Taking on revenge can wait. Or whatever that may be. She cannot afford to see this woman cry for just one second. It breaks her heart.

After Joohyun straightened out herself from the crying mess she’s into, they went to driving in silence.

“What do you mean she doesn’t love you anymore?” Yeri asked in exasperation. Her favorite unnie seemed like she walked a thousand miles. And considering it is snowing outside, it must have been too cold.

“Caught her with someone else.” Seulgi cannot feel her legs. She just continuously walked and walked after seeing her love with someone else. What’s worse is that she also heard getting dumped, god knows when. The numbness, the pain. She really doesn’t know how she ended up at Yerim’s place.

“With whom?” Yerim carries a blanket after ruffling from a room’s closet and puts it on Seulgi.

“Just someone.” Seulgi cannot think clearly. Now that she can feel warmth from the blanket, everything starts to hurt. Her feet, her back, her heart.

“What do you plan to do, unnie?” Yerim doesn’t know how to react. She knows Joohyun. There must be an explanation for this. It might just be a misunderstanding of sort, knowing that Seulgi is stupid at times. She makes a cup of chocolate and hands it over to Seulgi. She keeps on thinking how she can alleviate what her unnie must be feeling right now.

“I’ll just go with it. See where it takes me.” Seulgi takes a sip of the hot chocolate. She doesn’t know how to fare with it.

Seulgi’s phone vibrates. Both of them flinch. Seulgi knows Joohyun has been calling her. Walking for hours, she kept ignoring it. She doesn’t know how she’d be able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter