Seven

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven

Seulgi pulls away from the kiss gently as she wipes Joohyun’s tears with her hands. “I was worried for a second that it wouldn’t work.” She beamed a relieved smile towards the lawyer.

Joohyun’s tears definitely stopped. Seulgi used to do that every time they’d have a fight when they were together. A single kiss from her lover is all she needs and the tears would go away. “Seul, did you just remember that?”

There goes that overly familiar nickname again. Her train of thoughts is suddenly ruined when she realized what she has done. Her fingers trace her own lips. These lips that kissed Joohyun’s a couple of minutes ago. “I’m sorry. I must have been out my mind. Please don’t sue me for harassment.” She stands and does a ninety-degree bow. She freaks out and bows four more times.

“I won’t sue you if you take responsibility for it.” Joohyun says in her serious lawyer tone. Though on the inside, she is feeling quite the opposite. She is screaming from swoon internally.

Seulgi just stands frozen. This is a big mistake. It was like she wasn’t in control of her own actions at that moment. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I just wanted you to stop crying. That’s it.” She didn’t think far ahead to what that kiss would get her into and now she regrets it.

“I’m joking.” Joohyun also half-meant it. “You know what? Just pretend it never happened if that makes you feel more comfortable.” She says calmly. She didn’t want Seulgi to think she’s forcing the latter to be with her. “Please finish your report.” She pats the office chair beside her, implying Seulgi to sit. She needs to play it cool, or else Seulgi will run off again. She is worried the web developer would shut her out because of this so she acts like nothing happened.

Seulgi tried her best not to stutter but a lot is on her mind. She is still shocked about what happened. She tries to push away the thought that this is her first kiss. Or maybe it isn’t. But she cannot remember she had kissed anyone yet, thanks to her faulty memories. Her girlfriend from before doesn’t really seem to mind and acted like it was a normal thing they do. Every second feels like she wants to sober up. She got drunk from that kiss and doing a report with Joohyun isn’t helping.

When Joohyun shares her inputs towards the progress of the website, Seulgi cannot help but look at the lawyer’s lips. It was like some magnet drawing her in. She never felt so out of control with herself. She tries to get a grip because she has never felt anything like this before. Her phone from the table suddenly alarms. It definitely saved her. It’s already time for her to go home.

“It looks like we’re finishing the project earlier than I expected.” Joohyun says with a sad expression. She didn’t think Seulgi is going to work this fast. There are only minor changes to do before they can launch the whole thing.

“We can get the staging server to go live by Friday.” Seulgi is relieved. Only four more days to go. Only four more one-hour meetings with Joohyun. No more kissing or skinship incidents and she will be fine. She must resist. It’s a good thing ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter