Two

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

Those eyes are too familiar. Too familiar like every nook of her apartment. Seulgi closes her eyes trying to figure out who this person is. Flashes of blurry memories is all she gets. Blurry but there’s something.

“We promised to see each other in this coffee shop today.” Joohyun says in a nervous tone. Her eyes are shifting back and forth from Seulgi’s face and the window.

“Did we?” Seulgi is still dumbfounded. This must just be a coincidence. Today, she just followed what her shrink told her to do. That is, to walk around.

“I’m Bae Joohyun.” The lady offers her hand, implying a handshake.

Seulgi is skeptical. She didn’t want to meet anyone who knew her from before. “You already know me, am I right?” She stares at the lady’s hand hanging.

“You’re Kang Seulgi.” Joohyun affirms to the question and withdraws her hand.

“I never saw you visit me in the hospital.” Seulgi tries to pry. It is true that she has selective amnesia, but she clearly remembered everyone she met after. It seemed like her cognitive skills are still the same after the accident. She memorized everyone who introduced themselves to her in her hospital bed. She is still smart alright. There’s nothing wrong with her. Just that she cannot remember almost half of her life.

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that.” Joohyun can only give Seulgi brief answers.

“Why are we meeting here anyway?” Seulgi is irritated. She hated it when people demanded her of something she couldn’t give.

“To give you my answer.” Joohyun continues to be brief.

“Answer to what?” Seulgi asks in exasperation.

“To this.” Joohyun pulls out a ring from her bag and carefully puts it on top of the table.

“I’m not sure if I understand.” Seulgi doesn’t know what to infer. Maybe her lack of social interactions has gotten her this bad. She tries to look intently at Joohyun. Still, the name or the face doesn’t ring a bell. A clean slate like everybody else.

“My answer is still no.” Joohyun’s face turned cold.

Seulgi cannot place where Joohyun’s expression is. If it is angry or disappointed, but definitely somewhere in between those lines. This lady, Seulgi infers, may be involved with her romantically before. She must admit, the attraction is still there.

“Not unless you remember me.” Joohyun says sternly.

“I’m not sure who you are or what you want with me, but I’m not the person I used to be.” Seulgi grabs her coffee and stands. This has gotten her trouble. She swears she doesn’t want to come out of her lair ever again. Her head hurts. She needs to go home and take her anxiety pills.

“Aren’t you curious? Even a tad bit?” Joohyun catches Seulgi’s wrist. Forcing the tall lady to look at her. “I will wait for you here every day when you are ready to listen.” She lets go of it.

Seulgi couldn’t care any less. She’s done this before. These people just cannot seem to understand her situation. She would always walk out like nothing happened. Though her chest throbs in pain again.

She puts in her earphones and raised the volume to the full, to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter