Twenty Four

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend wasn’t much to be proved for. Seulgi knew it would have to be today. She cannot have everyone covering up for her. Now that some stuff was sorted out, the only one left to talk to is Seungwan. But that can wait.

She took out all the band-aids she had from last time. All these bruises and scars don’t even add up to all the things she had been through. It had been dragging for long and now, she needs to stop this lunacy. If Joohyun wouldn’t admit to it before she does, then so be it. She just wants this to end.

Maybe it is for the best. All of this was her fault. If only she told Joohyun in the first place, things wouldn’t be this way. And she is truly sorry for having everybody in it, especially Seungwan. That girl never gave up on her. She just realized how stubborn she was without any memories. Seungwan, whom she didn’t treat very nicely still stood up for her till the end. She just hopes she can make up for all the rudeness and bull she gave her.

She called Joohyun. This time, she is ready to strip everything away. This long and winding love story had burned her to the core and she doesn’t know how to make of it any longer. Maybe it’s the pain. Or maybe she’s too tired. But either way, ending this would be the key for her to finally move on.

“Uhm, Joohyun.” She greeted obviously lowly. “Can we meet today?”

“Sure, what’s the occasion?” Joohyun replied bubbly.

“I have something to tell you.” Seulgi told quietly almost whispering.

“Okay, I’ll fetch you later in the afternoon.” Joohyun just said.

“No need. Let’s just meet at the same place we went last time.”

--

Joohyun was the first in their meeting place. Seulgi requested the one where they would go to when they wanted to see the city’s skyline. The more she thought about it, it was the first date they went to as a couple. The same purple and orange hues they saw is here.

She propped herself onto the metal railing while waiting for Seulgi. To her, the past ten years with her beau was one hell of a ride. Whatever Seulgi would decide to do, she would accept. She had been living a lie for too long. She’s becoming weary of it. Of herself. There’s no better way to do it but to come clean. She cannot for a moment hold it in anymore. She is decided.

A few minutes after, the city skyline is nothing but dark. Who knew that in just mere minutes, the perfect sky would be this dark in an instant? Seulgi arrived later than expected. The breeze had been colder now than yesterday.

“Are you cold?” Seulgi asked which surprised Joohyun.

Joohyun could only nod. She wonders what Seulgi would s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter