Ten

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten

“Seul, are you sure you don’t want to stay?” Joohyun asks the web developer. She already persuaded the taller lady to eat with her. Her persuasion skills as a lawyer has never been so handy outside of court.

“As much as I want to, but you need to finish reading those.” Seulgi points out to the stacks of paper on Joohyun’s desk. She knows she’s keeping the lawyer from finishing to read those. She wouldn’t want to be a distraction.

“Fine.” Joohyun can only pout. She remembers Seulgi’s stubbornness is no match for her. She’s so whipped for the tall lady.

“I’ll text you when I get home, Joohyun.” Seulgi stands. “Am I not getting a goodbye kiss from my girlfriend? We never broke up, right?” Doctor Son is right, they needed a label to what this is. She doesn’t want to make Joohyun uncomfortable. It isn’t half as bad as she imagined it would be. She feels comfortable doing these things with Joohyun. She wants to try. She wants to do those things she did with her. Maybe those memories will come back.

Seulgi called her Joohyun. It’s the first time she didn’t put a sshi suffix. Girlfriend? She is getting confused did Seulgi just decide on that? Is she sure? Something tells Joohyun she won’t be able to hold back. But she needs to take the same pace as Seulgi.

She stands and lift her heels to tiptoe towards Seulgi. She kisses the taller lady’s cheek. She hopes this is okay. “Seul, let me know when you get home.” She reminds the web developer.

——

Seulgi unlocks a familiar door. She looks at the door number. It says 2083. She sees there are two beds and two desks on both the other sides of the room. A knitted rug is in the middle like it’s a common ground.

A lady on the bed with blue sheets looks at her but the face is still unclear. “You’re here? I had Modern Philosophy today! Sorry I had to ditch you for lunch.” The lady looks up at her still laying on her stomach.

Seulgi flops onto her own bed. She realizes she’s not in control of her body in this moment. “You call yourself my best friend? After all these years we’ve been roommates, it’s not the first time you stood me up. I need to find new friends.” Even her speech, she does not have any control of. The words just flow over like how she looks at things. It was she’s being controlled by someone else and all she has to do is watch like it is a movie.

“You make it sound like two years are a long time.” The lady grabs a pillow and throws it at Seulgi. “You don’t need new friends. You need a new girlfriend. Stop moping around. You need to show your ex you’ve moved on.” The lady continues.

“She isn’t that bad. Maybe I just wasn’t good enough for her.” Seulgi throws back the pillow at the lady.

“What? The Kang Seulgi is finally soft for someone? Are you out of your mind? I’ve seen you changed your girlfriends every two months. This is the first time you’ve been dumped. I knew something was wrong with you when you didn’t break up with her at the end of that two-month rule.” The lady continues.

Seulgi thinks this lady seems to talk a lot. It reminds her of someone she knows. is just uncontrollable too. She cannot ask anything with the faceless woman. But there’s definitely some hint on the expressions she just can’t seem to put together. “You’re right. I actually fell for her. But now she has someone else.”

“It’s only been a month. You don’t deserve someone like that. Stop acting pathetic. We’re only in our sophomore year and you can date prettier girls than your last ex.” The lady exclaims.

Seulgi wakes up, that dream was lucid. It’s too clear, it can pass as a memory. Though the face of that lady was blurred in all angles, she still remembers every detail of it.

——

Doctor Son didn’t expect to see Seulgi so soon. It’s only been three days since their last session and this is the first time her patient requested an unscheduled appointment.

Seulgi sits by the couch, which she never did in a long time. She ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter