Sixteen

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixteen

Seulgi had taken that offer her dad gave her. A position in their company, which allowed her to be a consultant of their IT solutions firm. It’s not something grand but at least she wouldn’t get bored at home like she used to do. Two months ago, she’s been holing up in her lair, alone. Unfitting to the world. Until she met a crazy lady who introduced herself as her fiancée. That turned her routine as upside down as it could possibly would.

She enjoyed the perks of being able to work with people. She hasn’t thought this would be enjoyable for her. She never thought she would have fun interacting with people around her. She thought of her girlfriend. Joohyun always pushed her to try and spend time with other people. Now that she’s sitting in her own office, she feels jittery. She’s going to meet Yerim.

It has been less than two years since that time she saw Yerim. Yerim, who was a stranger after the accident. Joohyun told her they actually thought of Yerim as their child. As far as she remembers, Yerim is a hoobae of hers from high school. Three years lower than her. Though she really doesn’t remember being in the dance club, to which the hoobae claims that made them close.

Seulgi’s phone starts to ring. It is almost her shift hours and the day has been going slow. There wasn’t a team meeting for today and she has made the necessary calls she needed to make. These tasks seem too familiar to her, and she wonders if this is what she did before she lost her memories.

She picks up on the third ring, “Hey, Joohyun.” She says very enthused. She feels too ecstatic just hearing her girlfriend’s voice.

“I’m already with Yerim. Aren’t you excited to meet her?” Joohyun says from the other end of the line.

Seulgi flinches, this is the time. Somehow, just somehow she feels too nervous. “I’m finishing up at work. I’ll drive there in a bit.” She says as she almost hangs up.

“Seul,” She hears her girlfriend call.

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“Okay.”

Seulgi hung up after. That exchange bothered her. She loved Joohyun. She loved her before the accident. Before her memories were wiped out. But what is holding her back? Her heart thumps ferociously at the thought of her girlfriend. Sweet and understanding Joohyun. There’s nothing more she can ask for. This woman waited for her for two years. This woman endured being pushed away with those hurtful words she threw. What is wrong with herself? That, she needs to figure out.

She picks up her keys, throwing her head left and right, checking if she missed anything before leaving the four corners of her office. No, she thinks she got everything she needed. She’s not forgetful. She just forgot things, that’s all.

Driving to where Joohyun and Yerim came too soon. The next thing Seulgi knew, she was out of her car walking towards the museum they were supposed to be meeting at. Apparently, her hoobae became a curator for the museum the younger lady’s family owns.

As soon as she goes through the wide door of the museum she saw Joohyun. She doesn’t know if it was an automatic gesture but she cannot help but smile at the sight of her girlfriend. It was like she fell in love all over again.

“Seul!” Joohyun chimed at her girlfriend and walked towards that direction.

“Hey, sorry I was late.” Seulgi was quick to lose her trance now that she’s in front of Joohyun.

“Unnie, I’m really going to sulk if you’re not going to remember me sooner!” Yerim says as she emerges from behind Joohyun and hugs Seulgi.

“I’ll try my best.” Seulgi looks at Joohyun while she tries to pat Yerim’s back. She caught a reassuring smile from her girlfriend as if saying she is doing okay.

Joohyun tries to pull Yerim away from Seulgi, “Yerim-ah! You should stop hugging my Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter