Twenty Six

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Both of you are idiots who try hard to pretend.” Seungwan rolled her eyes as Seulgi finished her side of the story. This was long overdue since her best friend went overseas for four months. And things were on a lighter note for her.

“You don’t realize how much time has passed and how much effort I put through this that I didn’t find myself someone. I’ve been busy fixing you both up, and this is the end result we’re looking at?” She continued to nag. Clearly, Seulgi and Joohyun still love each other. Obstacles were there but to Seungwan, both of them had their fair share of mistakes. And Seulgi, being too secretive made it a lot worse.

She chose psychology as her specialization because of Seulgi. A lot of times, she doesn’t know what’s going on inside her best friend’s head. It is to analyze and understand why the bear is doing this and that. But now she realized, all her hard work was in vain. Seulgi is just plain stupid. And the size of her head is zero, just covered up with her hair’s fuzzy volume.

“I’m really sorry, Seungwan-ah.” Seulgi patted her best friend’s head. She wonders why Seungwan is always this empathic and unselfish. It’s not supposed to be this way. Especially towards her, Seungwan is more of a mother than a sister.

Seulgi roamed around the office which she frequented for more than a year. She saw Seungwan’s certificates displayed on a shelf near the door, facing the bean bag she always sat on in their therapy sessions. This was where all the rudeness and i-dont-care-what-you-say attitude she showed Seungwan with. Keeping up with her for this long was surely not easy, to the extent that remembering how she was in their sessions, made her feel too bad. She definitely owes Seungwan half her life.

“I met this crazy lady and I think you’d match her well.” Seulgi tried to joke. This time, maybe this time, she could repay Seungwan’s good deeds to her with this. Who knows, it might flunk or not but it’s going to be worth a try.

“I won’t allow you to set me up to anyone. I don’t trust your type, Kang Seulgi! Remember you dated so much in college, you can’t count them with your fingers?” Seungwan’s eyes rolled. Just remembering Seulgi’s exes who were bimbos, is definitely already a red flag for her at the beginning.

“Relax, you haven’t even listened to why I think you’d be perfect together.” Seulgi said. She smirked and she knows Seungwan wouldn’t be able to say no to her.

Seungwan looked at Seulgi sulking. “Let’s hear it then.” She calmed down, knowing Seulgi wouldn’t let it off the hook.

“So, I was in New Zealand touring freely and suddenly, I bumped into this blonde lady. I was too immersed in taking pictures that her ice cream from her cone got thrown to the ground. She looked at me and then cried like a baby.” Seulgi narrated and cut in the end with a devilish smile. She thinks this would spark Seungwan’s curiousity.

“What does it relate to me then?” Seungwan was already irritated.

“I think she’s a problematic person, and you can fix her up! You have this urge to fix people up, whatever it takes.” Seulgi thinks this is lame, but hell yeah! This diverts the topic away from Joohyun.

“That’s the lamest idea, I’ve ever heard from you, Seul. I mean it.” Seungwan checks something from a pile of paper, acting busy.

“When’s your day off?” Seulgi asked while she’s fiddling on her phone. She really liked sitting in this bean bag.

“Thursday?” Seungwan regretted answering. She knew Seulgi would do something really stupid. She just cannot seem to not answer Seulgi whenever she is being asked.

“It’s set then. You know that café Myeongdong that we frequent? Be there by three in the afternoon. If you won’t come, I bet she’d cry again.” Seulgi put her plan in motion.

, this is how Seulgi plays games, Seungwan thought. “You’re diverting my attention, dear patient.”

“I’m not your patient! I’m plainly visiting you in your office.” Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter