Twelve

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twelve

“Seungwan-ah! Why didn’t you tell her the truth? That was your chance.” Joohyun tells the shrink exasperatingly. She was surprised that Seungwan called her to meetup on a Tuesday. They just met last Saturday after Seulgi’s appointment.

“I panicked. I didn’t know what to say. I know she’d be angry with me because I didn’t tell her for almost a year we’ve been meeting every week. I don’t want her feeling uncomfortable with me being her shrink.” Seungwan defends her actions.

“She’ll just get more upset about this if you tell her later than sooner.” Joohyun sounds alarmed. She’s just worried Seungwan and Seulgi might get irreparable damage.

“I know, I know.” Seungwan thinks she made a big mistake. But what’s done is done and there’s no turning back. What she said was already said. She just hopes Seulgi would understand her reasons too.

----

They arrived at a high-end restaurant a good thirty-minute drive. Seulgi wasn’t sure if her reservation was put through but she knows the owner would never turn her down. “Reservation for Kang Seulgi.” She says as they enter the restaurant.

Joohyun is dumbfounded. They’re the only people in the restaurant. She is impressed that Seulgi pulled the chair for her. What she heard from Joy must be true. That Kang Seulgi is such a player. But she’s too classy for a player.

When Seulgi is seated, the waiter offers wine to them. She quickly puts her hand on top of her wine glass and says, “No, thanks. I’m driving. Please give me sparkling water instead.”

Joohyun could just laugh silently. When they finished telling the waiter their orders, Joohyun breaks the silence. “Do you usually do this for your dates?” She asks while she takes a sip of her wine.

“Sometimes.” Seulgi says nonchalantly. “I don’t really date smart and older ladies though. You seem to have heard a lot about me.” Seulgi just smirks. She, being a player, is not really that of a secret. The whole business administration department knows of it.

“Park Sooyoung is my cousin, she studies the same major as you.” Joohyun tells Seulgi.

“Oh, she’s a year lower than me, right?” Seulgi knows every pretty girl in her department and that includes Park Sooyoung too. But that hoobae is one of the girls who doesn’t show interest in her. “Did she say anything good about me?”

Joohyun chuckles. “No, all bad things.” She continues to study Seulgi. The business major is such a smooth talker. Seulgi’s not half as bad for being a player. “If I hadn’t heard you’re a player, I might have given you a chance.”

“Anyway, Seungwan told me to be extra nice to you. She said she doesn’t want you to hate her after this date. She still needs you as a partner for that paper.” Seulgi says. That’s what Seungwan told her before she went out today.

“Didn’t you plan this together?”

“No, not really. As I told you, I don’t date older and smart ladies like yourself. She told me you’re a different classmate from another department.”

“Fair point then.”

----

Joohyun had already won her first court case. It might be a few days before she gets assigned another one. She’s got to admit, the perks of being the CEO’s daughter are good too. Finally, she can hang out with Seulgi.

They’ve been going steady. Nothing fancy than sharing casual messages and concerned calls. She understands that Seulgi has gotten hold of that job in her father’s company so she chose to encourage her girlfriend to do it. It’s not like she’s always free all the time to accommodate Seulgi’s undivided attention.

Seulgi is supposed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter