Five

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five

It’s three o’clock and she already sketched all the layout and structure of the whole website. She estimates she’ll be done in a week or two, contrary to the two-month contract she has. The faster she is done, the better.

A few minutes later, Joohyun goes out of the doored office and walks towards Seulgi. It is time for the briefing meeting. She drags an office chair towards the web developer’s workstation and sits beside her. It felt awkward for her. They are side-by-side, but not close enough. The distance between them has to be kept, she reminds herself. “What have you done so far?” She asks the Seulgi.

“I did some wireframe sketches.” Seulgi says in confidence. “You can use the mouse and check what I did so far.” She offers Joohyun a self-reliant smile.

Joohyun just felt her heart thump erratically. This wasn’t supposed to be her plan. She pretends she wasn’t distracted by that smile Seulgi just gave her. She doesn’t know what she is checking actually. She clicks randomly at one section of the wireframes.

“Is something wrong with the about page layout? You seem to be checking that too much. Do you want some square or circle pictures of your lawyers in there too?” Seulgi suggests. She really wasn’t sure on how to design that page yet.

“Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.” Joohyun agrees to what Seulgi just said though she has no idea what it was.

“I’ll just cut this part right here and then put it here.” Seulgi gestures her hands towards the screen and when she wasn’t satisfied of just explaining it, she puts her hand on top of Joohyun’s hand on the mouse, clicking things over the application while their hands are touching together, editing like she just pointed over.

Joohyun is frozen in place. Her hand is still on the mouse after the web developer had finished her stint. Seulgi just closed in on her personal space. She is screaming internally.

“Bae Joohyun-sshi, are you okay?” Seulgi asks when her superior didn’t reply after calling her several times already. She has no idea her supervisor is this serious when it comes to work.

Joohyun, who just got out from zoning out, tries to get her composure back. “Yes, yes. I’m just thinking of what else to put in that section.” She lies. “If that is all, you can go for the day. Good work.” She stands with her wobbly legs and heads to her office.

Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter