Four

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four

“Seungwan-ah! What do you want me to do?” Joohyun asks her friend.

“Try a different approach, Joohyun. Seulgi sees you as a stranger, so act like one. Maybe pushing yourself onto her is making her uncomfortable.” Seungwan says as she tries to explain in psychological terms.

“You know I can’t act like a stranger to her! It’s like when she’s near me, I’m afraid she’ll hear my heart banging loudly inside my chest.” Joohyun hadn’t been around Seulgi for a year. She gave her lover the time to rediscover herself. It was hard for her to stay away, but she figured it would be for the best.

“Then why didn’t you say yes to her proposal back then? You call yourself a lawyer but you’re an idiot.” Seungwan says sarcastically. She means it. She just hopes her friend takes her advice this time.

---  

Seulgi was skeptical when she received that email inviting her for some kind of freelance in-house project. She read job description is just to redesign and restructure a company’s website. Easy-peasy for a former senior web developer like her. She cannot believe that the offer price is four times the normal price that she usually asks for it. It is too much of an opportunity to pass even if it is in-house. She sure can take two months of being around people in an office.

It will be her first time to do a freelance job locally. As far as her freelancing career is concerned, she has only catered to international clients. So this would be a good opportunity for her too. She is sure Doctor Son would approve this big move she’s about to do. She is kind of excited too. Maybe her shrink is right, she should hang out with real people and not just chatting people from games.

---

“What do you think of me working in a company?” Seulgi finally opens up. She cannot ask her virtual friends about this. It’s kind of fitting to just ask her own shrink.

“That sounds like an upgrade to my suggestion last time.” Doctor Son commends Seulgi’s development internally. It is the first time she heard Seulgi ask her a question. Her work as a shrink made her do all the asking. So it is a surprise that her patient is finally warming up to her after a year.

“I don’t know, but I’d like to try.” Seulgi says in a serious tone. She actually has grown a friendly fondness for the doctor. It is nice to have someone to talk to once a week. She thinks Doctor Son could be her friend minus the shrink mode.

“At least we will have something new to talk about, right?” Doctor Son flashes her patient a friendly smile. “Good progress, Seulgi!”

---

Seulgi didn’t know it was a big shot company she was being interviewed at. And the CEO would personally be her interviewer. She suddenly felt some ticking bombs of nervousness inside of her, ready to explode any time soon. She excused herself to the restroom before she can piss her pants from jitters. She locked the door of the farthest cubicle from the door and took some anxiety pills. She needed it b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter