Twenty Five

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was not about counting the days she’s been in the hospital. Her father and friends were getting worried. After all, she had a life of her own aside from seeing Seulgi every single day from afar. But yes, it took Joohyun deep regret and guilt after the accident before finally realizing that it wasn’t worth leaving a good thing for a good time. She wondered why she even cheated with Jennie. After a while, the fling became boring for her too. She didn’t really love Jennie, but Jennie was just something else, something new.

She wanted to stay close to Seulgi but she was scared things would go haywire if she triggers anything within Seulgi’s memories. She thought that maybe it is a good thing to just watch from afar. This way, she can assure that Seulgi would have a good shot in love even if it wasn’t her.

“Wait!” Joohyun found some strength to face Seulgi again.

“Yes?” Seulgi casually said as she was stopped at her tracks, wearing her typical handsome smirk.

“Do you think, if we ever meet again in a random coffee shop, you could give me a chance?” Joohyun asked.

“Will you be away?” Seulgi had her head hurting a bit.

“Maybe?” Joohyun said playfully. 

For some reason, Seulgi cannot stand seeing this lady with a half-hearted smile. “I would.”

“Will you promise me that?” Joohyun inquired. Even just at this moment, she held her heart on her sleeve and asked Seulgi even when she knew it wouldn’t mean a thing to a memory-wiped Seulgi.

“I promise.” Seulgi could only say.

--

“I’m sorry, Seulgi.” Joohyun sobbed in the irony of it. Maybe it wasn’t meant to be. This long-winding romance wasn’t meant to be. “Just hurt me physically or tell me words that could. I’d understand. Just let me out of this prison I’m in. I cannot take it anymore.” She was almost yelling and crying her heart out. Both of them are hurting and this time, she is sure. She needed to let go.

“I should. But then I thought about it,” Seulgi said as her eyes are wet with the tears running down like waterfalls. She bit her lip. “I read somewhere that the perfect way to get revenge is to be happy.” She took a deep breath and every second felt like a heavy thud. “And I realized, I cannot be happy without you.”

“It’s complicated that way, hm?” Joohyun wiped her tears trying to get her composure back. It gave some kind of hop that Seulgi cannot be happy without her.

“Yeah, it hurts so much to love you. And it hurts more telling my brain I don’t love you when I do.” Seulgi was crying like a mess. This wasn’t she intended. Her script was set in her head but her heart is overshadowing and taking over her.

“How do we do this then?” Joohyun tried to move closer. One step at a time but stopped two steps before closing in on Seulgi. She cannot bring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter