Twenty One

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a fine Saturday morning and Yerim is on the way to fetch Seulgi. To her, reconnecting with Seulgi is great progress, though last time was an utter failure because it just went in as another accident. She thought it was the worst of it, but then it’s another car crash. She thinks Seulgi shouldn’t buy any more sports cars after all. It’s just a waste of money crashing two. Crashing a third one would be a charm. She just hopes the last accident didn’t cause losing more memories.

“How’s Sooyoung?” Seulgi asked after getting in the car. She thinks she need to thank Sooyoung for triggering her. Now that it’s clearer, she’s slowly trying to get by. It’s just too hard getting on with four separate memories. One from before the accident, one that she remembers after the accident, one for being clueless after the accident, and now that she has the recollection of before the accident. It seems to be a lot for her. All these memories and feelings are kinda scrunched up in one brain. It’s taking a toll on her and she needs a break.

“She actually went to visit you last time at the hospital. She’s kind of anxious.” Yerim found it a bit disturbing that her girlfriend was like that last time when they heard about Seulgi’s second accident. She shifts the gear before turning to another block, trying to be more mindful of her speed for the sake of her passenger who has been in a car accident twice.

“I see.” Seulgi could only muster. Thinking is hard for her now that everything is mixed up together. She kept on pressing next in Yerim’s playlist, until she found John Mayer’s Love is a Verb. “I like this song a lot.” She looked through the window. Her head calms a bit seeing everything moving fast. “We should hang out with Byul sometime.”

“Unnie,” Yerim was actually nervous, actually contemplating on how to say it but says anyway. “You got your memories back, no?”

“I did.” Seulgi shifted her head towards Yerim. She wasn’t surprised to see her hoobae’s reaction. She’s actually anticipating it. “Am I that too obvious?”

Yerim stopped the car, almost stomping on the brakes. She felt puzzled at the moment, not knowing if she would feel happy or sad. Her eyes are wide in shock.

“You would never call Moon Byulyi with just Byul if you don’t remember anything.” Yerim could only utter. After gaining composure, she parks the car to the curb, putting the gear to neutral. “Does Joohyun-unnie know?”

“No, not yet.” Seulgi disclosed. “I’d appreciate if you would tell nobody about this.” She patted the younger lady’s head like she used too.

“Unnie,” Yerim cried at this point. Her unnie really is her old unnie. She hugged Seulgi too tightly, making sure this isn’t a dream.

After some time of letting Yerim cry herself out, Seulgi pulled away from the embrace. “You sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter