Eighteen

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eighteen

 

“Joohyun?” A lady in a prosecutor’s robe went up to Joohyun. 

 

“Jennie! What a surprise!” Joohyun says as the lady touches her elbow a little tenderly. 

 

Seulgi who’s gotten much better from the concussion and retrieved her memories secretly was eyeing this exchange. They are in court for the accident she caused last time. She needs to stand in court for the damages she caused on the streets. She crashed onto the street curb and the rest were self-inflicted damages. And now she’s sitting on the defender’s seat watching her girlfriend talk to the cause of their rift from two years ago. 

 

“I never thought we’d see each other like this, Joohyun. It has been two years, right?” Jennie was smiling from ear to ear. 

 

“Sure.” Joohyun was becoming to act more awkward in this situation. And to stop this, she just needs to end this conversation quickly. “I hope you would go easy on me, prosecutor.” She goes back to the seat next to Seulgi. She feels like this would be harder than she thought.

 

“You know that lady seems familiar.” Seulgi tries to act subtly. She attempts an attack to catch Joohyun’s uneasiness. She never thought Kim Jennie would end up being a prosecutor. She remembers Joohyun and Jennie were very close in law school. She also never thought Joohyun would end up cheating on her with that prosecutor. 

 

Joohyun looks at Seulgi with restlessly. “Oh, you might have seen her from before, she’s my law school buddy.” She makes it sound more convincing but ends up choking on her words a little. Lying in terms of being an attorney is different from lying to Seulgi because she knows she did something wrong. 

 

The appeal for Seulgi’s case was approved. The court considered over her accident two years ago that made her get anxiety symptoms. She wouldn’t be able to drive by herself unless she gets clearance that she hasn’t had her anxiety attacks for more than six months. The damages are not really a problem since Seulgi’s father would pay for them. All in all, having Joohyun on her side as her lawyer is quite a good thing too. 

-- 

While driving amidst the busy streets of Myeong-dong, Seulgi cannot help but notice how jittery Joohyun has become. Sure, her girlfriend is behind the wheel since she cannot do it because of the court order. She feels that the tension isn’t breaking anytime soon and she doesn’t have any choice but to do it. 

 

“You, okay?” Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter