Heart and Mind

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahh~ Finally.

 

"Didn't Jiyong told you to not come to the office?" Seungri knocked on the door and walked in, raising his brows at me. "I thought I was seeing things when I saw lights coming from your office. He told me that you will be working from home?"

 

"As if I do have anything to work from home?" I rolled my eyes, "I'm pregnant but not handicapped! He's ridiculous."

 

Yeah, Seungri and Yuri are most probably the next to know my pregnancy. We broke the news to them over dinner at Yuri's place.

 

"You don't know what he will do if he were to find out, I will probably be the first one to get slaughter." he chuckles, "How's Eunbi getting along with the news?"

 

"Just like that? She doesn't seem really interested nor detests the idea." I shook my head. 

 

"Give her some time, she'd be good to go." Seungri laughed, "Since you are here, I've got something to discuss with you."

 

We head-on with the discussion about the new upcoming launch for Universe. My phone that was thrown aside, continue to buzz between intervals, it seems to have died down after a couple of minutes.

 

Oh right, you might wonder why Jiyong hasn't come down to my office to 'drag my back home'. He's currently in New York, having a meeting with the company who will be collaborating with us for this launch.

 

After an hour, the discussion came to an end. "What about the shows?"

 

"It will probably still be going on as per normal, like how we have done it for the past few launches." Seungri looked at me, knowing perfectly where I was going. "Miss Im, I hope that you can stop those imaginations in your mind for a while because I'm telling you that that's not going to happen."

 

My plan was to convince Seungri to let me walk on the runway, for the last time before the baby bump gets too obvious. The production is already ongoing and what I heard was the release is going to be 2 weeks later.

 

"Come on, I still can walk the runway even if I'm pregnant. We're selling the jewelry, not the clothes~ You can give me a piece of the trash bag and I can still look good in it."

 

"You're starting to speak like Jiyong huh?" He scowled, "No, I'm not going to risk my life for that, Jiyong clearly told the entire team that you are only going to be doing magazine shoots."

 

"What about commercial films?"

 

"Ah that, he says he will think about it." Seungri shrugged his shoulder, "And the last time we discuss about it was about 2 weeks ago?"

 

He took out his phone and I swear, his eyes were almost bulging out.

 

"Yah! You're getting me into trouble again aren't you Im Yoona?" He stared at me, "50 miss calls?!"

 

A call came in as soon as he finishes his sentence.

 

"You better not tell him that I am in the office." I threatened.

 

He sighs as he picked it up. Even before he could speak up, the voice from the other side came. It was loud and clear, I could even hear it.

 

/Yah Lee Seungri!/

 

Seungri held his phone away from his ear as soon as he heard the screams from the other side.

 

/Why are you only picking up now!/

 

"My eardrums are bursting anytime!" He shouted, "You are the one whole told me to on my airplane mode during meetings."

 

/What meeting!/

 

I could totally tell that Jiyong was getting impatient over the line.

 

/Forget it, not as if I cared about what meeting you're at. Where's Yoona?/

 

I stared at him while he made himself comfortable on the couch, leaning back and pressed on the speaker icon. "Oh, Yoona~"

 

/Isn't she in the office?/ Jiyong sounded worried, /She's not picking up my calls!/

 

"She is! Right in front of me even~"

 

I facepalmed myself, wondering why I even trusted him to no expose my location. His phone was then passed over, turned off the speaker mode before placing it against my ears.

 

/Im Yoona./

 

"What do you want?" Unknowingly, I was kinda mad.

 

/Didn't I told you to work from home?/ His voice softened a little.

 

"Didn't I told you that I don't like that idea? It's suffocating."

 

/You can take care of Rae-oh while working from home./

 

"I brought him along with me. Stop changing your topic, Kwon Jiyong." I sigh, "Even if I didn't bring him out, Auntie Kim is always at home, so I don't see the problem, Kwon."

 

/Yah, you'll get it fro-/

 

"I'm busy, hanging up now." I cut him off, "I'll be back before Eunbi comes back from school."

 

I glared at Seungri, throwing his phone back at him.

 

"You better get out of my office now, Lee Seungri!"

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

1 pm, slightly over lunchtime. I thought it will be a good idea to go pick Eunbi up myself instead of having her take the school bus. I gave a call to the bus driver, informing him that I will be picking Eunbi up myself.

 

The school bell rang, loud and clear. After a short while, students start to swarm out of the door. I stood beside my car, holding onto Eunbi's favorite strawberry milk. She came out of the door, getting ready to board the school bus.

 

"Eunbi ah." I shouted, causing her to turn her head over. Smiles were plastered over her face, her face lighted up while running towards my direction. "Aigoo, you need to slow down~"

 

"Yoona omma!" She ran straight into my arms, planting a kiss on my cheeks. "Eunbi is happy to see Yoona omma here!"

 

"I got you your favorite too~"

 

"I love you Yoona omma!"

 

"More than daddy?"

 

"Yes! More than daddy!"

 

I chuckle inwardly hearing her reply. I carried her to the back seat, set her on her car seat and buckle her up.

 

"Rae-oh!" She was clearly surprised to see Rae-oh on the back seat as well.

 

"Let's get home. Heard that Auntie Kim cooked your favorite Pasta."

 

"Neh!" She replied, "Yoona omma, when will appa be back?"

 

"Tomorrow?" I look at her through the mirror, "You miss him?"

 

"Hmm," she ponders for a short while and giggles to herself afterward. "Just a little?"

 

Oh~ How upset will Kwon Jiyong be if he were to hear this.

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

"Auntie Kim, we're back~" I called out, Eunbi was the first to run in.

 

I was re-arranging the shoes that were on the shoe racks, I froze a little after hearing a scr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter