The Premonition

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn't even remember how I arrived at the hospital, I was in shock and my mind was all blanks. I could only see your face, with tubings all over. The last moment were you disappearing into the operation room.

 

Your words were running through my mind, how you wanted to save the baby instead of yourself. How selfish is that Yoong? Have you thought about what would happen if you weren't around?

 

"Sir, from this point onwards, you can't follow us anymore." The voice of the nurse woke me up as I grab hold onto the doctor who was about to rush in.

 

"Doc, please, save the adult."

 

I'm sorry Yoong, I can't bear to lose you. Eunwoo... we can always have another chance in the future.

 

"Mr. Kwon, I'll do my best to save the mother and the child. Have some faith in them."

 

I whisper your name like a prayer, with the hope of heaven.

 

You better be fine, Im Yoona.

 

I felt a thug on my hands, when I looked down, it was Eunbi. Her face was filled with tears stains, eyes were welling up. She was in shock, just like I was. I knew that I need to calm her down now, but I can't seem to do so. I was boiling, getting mad. If Eunbi did not run out of the foyer, all these wouldn't happen.

 

"D-Daddy.." Tears were falling on her cheeks as she called out, "W-Where is Y-Yoona omma?"

 

"Eunbi," I held onto both her hands, I raised my voice a little "Why did you run out? Why did you run out of the foyer!"

 

"B-Because I saw O-Omma!" She burst out crying, "I w-was h-happy to see omma here."

 

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!"

 

I could recognize the voice almost immediately, It was Yuri.

 

"Eunbi, why!" I ignore Yuri's screams, "Why do you have to run out...."

 

All I got back was Eunbi's crying and a handful of scolding from Yuri.

 

"Yah Kwon Jiyong, seriously?!" Yuri carried Eunbi into her arms, "You're supposed to calm the kid down first, but what are you doing? You are in shock yourself and you imagine what Eunbi is feeling right now?"

 

"Yuri... Yoona is in the operating theatre..."

 

"You can't be breaking right now, Kwon Jiyong. Eunbi needs you."

 

She stomped away once she finished her sentence, with Eunbi in her arms. She was looking at me over Yuri's shoulder, with that pitiful eyes, as if the whole world had betrayed her.

 

I'm devastated.

 

It was only after 30 minutes, I heard loud wailing from the operating theatre. It was Eunwoo, he was being pushed out in the little cradle. One of the nurses came walking in my direction.

 

"H-Hows the adult?"

 

"We immediately did a C-Section as soon as the operation started, so far the baby is fine other than born pre-mature, currently in the incubator. We'll need you to head over to the counter to fill in the birth registration." She cleared and continued, "Ms. Im lost a fair bit of blood and her head seems to be the first contact of the impact. The doctor is doing his best to save her."

 

My legs gave way as she finished her sentence, sat right down on the cold hard floor, staring right at the bright red light indicating that the operation is still ongoing.

 

"Yah, Jiyong!" It was Seungri, pulling me back up on my feet.

 

"Ri, they said that the first contact of impact was her head..."

 

"You need to have some faith. You know how strong Yoona is, she'd definitely pull through this." He sighs, "Meanwhile, you need to stay sane, Eunbi is still waiting for you."

 

"How is she?"

 

"She fell asleep after Yuri calms her down," He said calmly, "Heard from Yuri that she just woke up, but she isn't talking to anyone."

 

Before I could say anything, Seungri cut me off.

 

"I can't believe that you screamed at her, seriously." He frowned, "You clearly know that it is not her fault, you just need someone to vent your anger, but how could you vent it to her?"

 

"A-Alright, I know it's my fault." I stood up, preparing to walk away.

 

"Yah, where are you going?"

 

"To see Eunbi and to fill up the registration form."

 

I am in a mess.

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

I arrived at the ward, peeked through the door and saw Yuri was trying to engage a conversation with Eunbi. There were no smiles on Eunbi's face, she just kept staring at Yuri. I gave a few knocks before entering the room.

 

"Hey Eunbi, look who's that."

 

Eunbi turned her head to the door, I could see that she was a little surprised to see me here. I sat at the bedside and she just keeps staring at me like how she stared at Yuri awhile ago.

 

"How are you feeling?" I brushed her hair away from her face.

 

Just a sentence from me and she burst out in tears.

 

"Hush hush," I carried her into my arms, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Eunbi."

 

I mouthed a 'thank you' to Yuri, before earning a slap on the back. "I'll help you take a look out of Yoona but I'm sure Seungri is already there."

 

She left after her sentence and left the room cooly. It took me quite a while to calm her down, she just can't seem to stop crying.

 

"Daddy, are you mad at Eunbi?" That was the first sentence that came out from her after she had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter