The Weather

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining the day I met him again after a long while - hair wet and tangled droplets of water sliding down my cheeks like crystal teardrops.

 

"Why didn't you bring an umbrella? You're going to fall sick at this rate."

 

I ran into his arms and giggled like a little child while he was there nagging like an old grandma, holding onto an umbrella.

 

"I have you, right?"

 

"What's for dinner today?"

 

"You said you want some burritos right?"

 

"Nah, I changed my mind. Can we have some Pasta for dinner?"

 

And the previous night I told him I wanted some Pizzas.

 

He knew I was just like the weather; I'll keep changing my mind.

 

That was me 5 years ago, that was us 5 years ago. I felt like I was still the same, still indecisive but it wasn't that bad anymore. I tend to panic whenever I felt insecure, unsure. Making the decision to leave for overseas was an impulsive decision as well. I was young and immature. I regretted the moment I stepped on the plane and my heart broke a little knowing that he did not give chase. I knew I could never turn back now, immature thoughts led to all the things that are happening now. That was why I told him things might be different if he was to ask if he was to give chase.

 

At that time, I could only think from my stand. I was being very insecure that he was not asking me out. Was I lacking in any way? But now that I think of it, was that why he did not give our relationship a status 5 years back? Because I was so fickle-minded and I couldn't seem to set my mind on something. Was he afraid that I would change my mind? With me, he did not think about permanence or possession. He couldn't think long term because he couldn't see through me and didn't know what I would decide on or when I would change my mind with a blink of an eye.

 

"Yoona? Yoong!"

 

"N-Neh!"

 

"What's running in that little mind of yours? Last scene, the director is calling." My manager took the blanket from me. "We need to get you home as soon as possible. Look at you, your mind isn't here anymore!"

 

"I'm alright, just send me back to Jiyong's place later."

 

"Neh neh, since when will you go back to your own house?"

 

"Thanks, oppa."

 

I grinned. The thought of going back to the both of them was what kept me going. Oh no, three, including Ai.

 

It was a long week for me. There was no pause at all and I barely had enough sleep. Rushing schedule after schedule and the van was practically my home for the past few days. This was me going back to them after 4 days and since it was way past midnight, make it 5.

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

I unlocked the door slowly, making sure to not wake anyone up. I told Jiyong to not wait for me, that I'd be really mad if he stayed up. 

 

I looked around the house and it was all dark except the light coming from the lamp in the living room. 

 

Seemed like he's being obedient for once?

 

I took off the heels, heaving a sigh of relief as I sat at the doorstep, rubbing my ankle that was all sore from the walkings. Ai came out of nowhere as she made herself comfortable on my lap.

 

"Hey hey, not now." I gave a few on her head and carried her into my arms. 

 

"You're back?"

 

I got a shock, jumping up a little, startling Ai, causing jump out of my embrace.

 

He stood there, with his hair looking like a bird's nest. He tried to open his eyes while grinning like a fool. 

 

He thought he could fool me, no way. 

 

I walked towards him as he opened his arms wide, waiting for me to jump in. Instead, I went straight to his cheeks, pinching them hard. 

 

"Yah yah! It hurts!"

 

His eyes went wide open, staring down at me. 

 

"Oh, so you are wide awake now?" I smirked and hit him on his chest. "Try harder next time Kwon Jiyong, I told you not to wait! It's already 3 am!"

 

"Aww, I haven't seen you for 4 days, no 5 to be exact! How can I sleep peacefully knowing that you're coming home?" He pull me in for a hug. "How did you know? I thought my acting was superb. I miss you, did you miss me?"

 

"Nah not really, just one look and I can see through it." I gave a hit on his back. "Hmm, maybe a little bit?"

 

"Yah, aren't you a little too much?"

 

To be honest, I still couldn't get used to this side of him. 

 

"Come on, stop whining. I want to get a hot shower and head straight to bed."

 

"Hot shower and straight to bed? Nothing else in between?

 

I glared at him and rolled my eyes, walking into the master bedroom without saying anything. 

 

"Im Yoona, aren't you a little too much today?"

 

I was trying to suppress the wide grin on my face, trying to not let him see that.

 

"You're really going to sleep? L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter