Innocence

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was nudging my arm, eyeing at Eunbi's room. To be very honest, we expected lots of other scenarios, like she'd burst out crying or being excited. But, none of us expected this reaction from her, hence explains the situation.

 

"Yah, shouldn't you go take a look?"

 

"You're not coming in?" I was already at the door, with Rae-o, circling my legs, couldn't wait for the door to be opened.

 

"I don't think it would be appropriate?" She carried Rae-o up in her arms, "It'll probably be hard for her to accept this."

 

What are we doing outside her room? Two adults fidgeting outside a mere 5 years old's room.

 

"Don't worry, she's probably confused." I give an encouraging squeeze on her arms, "You should go up and rest, I'll be back soon."

 

"Eunbi?" I gave the door a few knocks, "Appa's coming in~"

 

"Fighting," Yoona said it before I enter the room. I could tell, she's probably more worried than I am, thousand of thoughts probably are in her head, swirling around like a tornado.

 

Eunbi on the other hand, she looks like the calm after the storm, sitting on her bed, staring intently at the bunny. To be exact, it was the one that Yoona bought for her. Base on her character, she is probably worrying if she's going to get the same attention as right now after the baby is born.

 

Afterall, as she was growing up, there wasn't a motherly figure beside her. Until the appearance of Yoona recently, she got so emotionally and physically attached to Yoona. Even her appa was thrown aside, all she could see was her Yoona omma~ Hence, explains her reaction, worrying that she'll lose Yoona to the baby.

 

"Aigoo, my daughter~" I carried her into my arm, making her sit on my lap, facing me.

 

"Care to tell appa what you are thinking?" I pat her little head and had a sudden realization of how much she had grown.

 

"Appa, Yoona omma is having a baby?"

 

"Yeah, a baby in her tummy." I pinch her little cheek, "Aren't you happy? You're going to be an older sister soon."

 

"I don't like it. Appa, I don't like it," She started pouting, grabbing tightly on the ears of the poor bunny.

 

"And the reason is?" I held my laughter, continue to prompt her to say it out.

 

"After the baby is born, Yoona omma will not love Eunbi anymore. Appa will love the baby more too." She pouts even harder and seems like she's going to burst out crying the next moment.

 

Bingo. She wailed out loudly. "Appa, Eunbi doesn't want the baby, I want Yoona omma." she continues blabbering, "Yoona omma will not love Eunbi anymore."

 

She cried like a lost puppy, blabbering that Yoona will not love her anymore between hiccups.

 

"Hush hush," I laugh, I wiped away those tears. "You need to stop crying to hear what appa have to say."

 

"Look, Yoona omma and appa will still be Eunbi's appa and omma even when the baby is here Nothing is going to change and neither our love for you will change. In fact, I think we are going to love Eunbi even more because she is such a lovely sister." I cupped her cheeks, "How old is Eunbi now?"

 

"5" she replied innocently.

 

"You're a big baby now, you change eat by yourself, change your clothes by yourself. But when the baby comes, the baby is going to be so small and she will not be able to do all these herself." I her hair, "Maybe, Eunbi can help out too?"

 

"What can I do?" her eyes sparkles a little.

 

"Maybe you can sing for the baby? Like how Yoona omma always sing to you?"

 

A little smile appeared on her face but she doesn't seem really convinced. Now seems like the right time to bring her to Yoona, Yoona can continue from here.

 

"Come on, let's go find your Yoona omma," I carried her in my arms, "She seemed a little sad because you didn't reply her just now~"

 

Done with the little one, now on to the big baby upstairs~

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

"Hey~" Yoona was comfortably sitting on her bed. She closed her book that she was reading halfway and opened her arms, signaling Eunbi to head over.

 

Eunbi stood at her spot for a short while, before reluctantly dragging her feet over. Of course, with a pout on her face.

 

"So how did the conversation with daddy just now?" Yoona carried her into her arms, making her sit on her laps while she comfortably leans against the headboard.

 

I went over to the other side of the bed, looking at both of them, staring right at each other. It reminds me of the first day when they first met, now i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter