For The Love

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Yong's POV

 

"Yoong." I cried, "Oh thank god, thank god that you're awake."

 

I got excited as I stood by her side, holding her hands in mine.

 

However, the first sentence that she spoke got me puzzled.

 

"W-Who are y-you?"

 

Wait, what? She couldn't recognize me?

 

"Y-Yoong. It's me Jiyong!"

 

"Hey Ji, I think we need to take it slow. The best thing to do now is to call the doctor." Yuri grab onto my shoulder.

 

"R-Right, the doctor."

 

I rushed out of the ward immediately, getting the attention of the nurses. The doctor came in within 5 minutes, doing checks on Yoona, talking to her.

 

"Hey Mr. Kwon, great news!" The doctor stood aside, further away from the bed. "Everything seems to be alright for the time being, though she still needs to be warded for a couple of days."

 

"Everything is alright?" I wasn't buying his words, " But she couldn't recognize me! How is that even possible? I am her fiance!"

 

"Oh Mr. Kwon, you need to spare me some time to answer your question." The doctor let out a laugh, "It is called confusional arousals. It is similar to someday where you just woke up from your sleep and you couldn't recognize where are you for a split second."

 

Confusion arousals?

 

"Don't you worry, I have already done all the checks. Got to trust me as a doctor right?" He gave a pat on my shoulders, "I even pointed to the kid and the young lady over there, she got their names right."

 

"A-Alright, thank you. Sorry for doubting you, I was just c-confused."

 

"No problem, if there is anything amiss, you can always call for me."

 

The doctor left a smile and walked out of the ward.

 

What is happening?

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

"Yoong, why are you crying?" I heard Yuri's voice, slowly opening the blinds a little.

 

She was now sitting up, with both her hands covering her face. She is sobbing, hard. Yuri gave me the signal to talk to her, while she brings Eunbi out, giving us space to talk.

 

"Hey," I smiled while brushing her hair. "Do you know who am I?"

 

She sniffles as she looked up, looking right into my eyes. Oh boy, you don't know how long I've waited for this. 

 

"K-Kwon Jiyong."

 

Oh, thank god.

 

"Everything is alright Yoong, why are you cryi-"

 

She didn't allow me to finish my sentence, tears were flowing from her eyes to her cheeks and she grabs onto my hands tightly.

 

"J-Ji, please. " She sobbed even harder, tightening her grips. "P-Please tell me that Eunwoo is f-fine."

 

"Hush hush, everything is alright Yoong." I brought her into my arms, slowly patting her back.

 

Can't blame her that she is already expecting the worse, using her life to exchange for Eunwoo's. Before her eyes close, her last wish was to protect Eunwoo, to let Eunwoo live at all costs. Even if it meant by taking her life away, she will gladly do that. Now that she realized that she is awake, she will immediately think that the baby is no longer here. She was too busy sorting out her own emotions and little did she notice that there is a baby pram at the side of the bed.

 

"It's n-not alright, Ji!" She clenches onto the shirt on my sides, "What's the p-point? I c-can't even protect my own c-child!"

 

"Who says you didn't protect him?"

 

"E-Eh?" Once she got the meaning behind my sentence, her head shot up.

 

"You were too busy crying to even hear my answer." I wipe away her tears, "You are always like this, jumping into conclusion, the worse scenario even, before hearing me out."

 

It sounds like I am reprimanding her but in fact, my heart was aching for her. She went through so much throughout this relationship, even until now, she is still hurting.

 

"You didn't even bother to scan the room huh?" I held onto her hands, tilting my head a little to our right. "Don't you see a pram over there?"

 

Her eyes followed, staring at the pram. It was a covered pram, you wouldn't be able to see the baby from any direction but I think she got it. The next moment, I heard a sigh of relief before she burst out crying, once again.

 

"Thank god, thank g-god. Thank you Ji."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter