The Butterfly Effect

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful Saturday and I finally got to rest after a hectic week at work. Just when I thought I'd have the time to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee...

 

The freaking phone rang. 

 

"Yuri-ah, are you free right now?"

 

"I think you chose the right time to call. What happened?"

 

"Can we meet at the same café for a short while?"

 

"Can I say no to my deer Yoong?"

 

I knew Yoona since we were in high school, along with Jiyong and Seungri. We were the best of buds, no one could separate us, not even Kwon Jiyong. We knew each other inside out, with a little frown on each other's face we could tell what each of us was thinking. We clicked so well, sometimes people asked if we were twins. I couldn't blame them, we do look similar but I am just a bit tanner than she is. 

 

"Aw, I know you're the best~"

 

"Stop whining, "I groaned. "Give me 15 minutes and I expect my favorite drink to be on the table."

 

"No problem!"

 

I smiled as I hung up the phone. Seems like this deer got into trouble again.

 

"So what's the matter this time?"

 

I sat down and a cup of hot cappuccino along with a red velvet cake being right in front of me. I took a sip of the cappuccino and stared at her curiously. She was smiling when she saw me entering the cafe, but her smile soon turned into a frown.

 

"I don't think I can continue this anymore..."

 

I froze for a little while and when I couldn't see any hint of joke in her face, I almost spat out my coffee. 

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

I had my eyes wide open but all I could see was a weak smile on her face. She was dead serious about it. 

 

"Mwuh?!" I placed the cup of coffee down agitatedly. "Yoong, are you serious?"

 

Guess we're really best friends, without any mentioning of name, I could immediately catch on. 

 

"Do I look like I'm joking?" She let out a sigh. "I don't know Yul, you tell me about it."
 

 

"What happened this time? I thought you guys were fine?" I looked at her curiously. "Wait, I thought you guys just came back from Bali?"

 

Deep down in my heart, I know. Everyone thought they were okay, to be honest, that's right, they were okay. That's because they had been choosing to avoid all the problems and not talked about them. They did that in order to not hurt the other half but who knew as time passed, they were just indirectly hurting each other.

 

"And guess who we saw there?" She let out another sigh, for countless time. "And did you know who I saw yesterday, again?"

 

I weren't reacting nor replying, waiting for her to blabber on. "I don't know what to feel anymore, I wasn't prepared for this."

 

"You'd be fine." I grabbed onto her hands that were on the table. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes but I was calm as heck. 

 

"Yoong, I want you to close your eyes."

 

"Mwuh?"

 

Well, I studied Psychology and knew a thing or two. She definitely wasn't expecting this, in the cafe. She probably was expecting me to side her or to blame it all on her, telling her that she's at fault.

 

But I were doing neither.

 

"Just do it, trust me."

 

"Alright, alright."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter