Torn

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even having her in my arms, I was torn apart. 

 

Her hands were still on her sides, not returning any hugs. At that moment, I was freaking out, I was scared that she would turn and leave again. 

 

"Yoong, I am sorry, I really am..." I could hear my voice cracked as I hugged her tighter.

 

The nights without her, I have thought through a lot. I missed her so much and told myself I could not lose her again. 

 

"I have overheard your conversation with her. What happened to not letting Eunbi go?" She sniffed. "You were so mad when she appeared that day and when she wanted to bring Eunbi away."

 

"Yes I was mad, I still am." I pulled away. "But I have thought through and came to a conclusion that if I am to fight it on with her, there will be no good to you nor Eunbi." 

 

"Have you asked Eunbi if she is okay with this?" She looked up. "You should never promise anything. It could backfire at some point in time."

 

"Yoong, I know what I am doing." 

 

I was getting impatient. Days of sleepless nights and she was not even standing in my shoes to think about this situation. 

 

"Right, who am I to say anything?" She laughed. "Just my two cents of thoughts; where is she when Eunbi needs her? Now she had settled all her stuff, she just returns to take back everything?" 

 

She shrugged her hands off mine, looking right into my eyes with tears in them. 

 

"You might not know the feeling about being abandoned, but I know!" She cried. "I don't want Eunbi to feel this way. The feeling of getting abandoned, not knowing when will she see her mother again!"

 

This was the first time in so many years she was talking about her mum. I knew she hated to talk about it, so I don't bring them up. 

 

"Until now, I have told myself even if my biological mum is back to look for me, I will not acknowledge it. Over my dead body that's it." Her tears were spilling like a spoilt tap. " I didn't know you have such a great heart Kwon Jiyong. I thought we could fix this, I thought I would see a future with us, together. But I guess thoughts are just thoughts."

 

"What kind of bulls are you talking about! Why wouldn't we see a future together?!" I held onto my forehead. "I did all these for us! Lawfully, Eunbi is her biological daughter, as much as I don't want it, but I can't change this fact!" 

 

"I'm leaving."

 

"Im Yoona!"

 

She halted her steps, looking at her back view, my heart broke. 

 

It looked like she had gotten skinnier over this period. I don't even remember when was the last time we sat down and had a meal together. 

 

I surrendered, I lost. 

 

I walked towards her, halting my steps right in front of her. She was bathed in tears as I held her chin to make her look up. 

 

"Give me some time to explain myself, hmm?" I cleaned away her tears and brought her into my arms. "Yoong, I love you, I really do. So, please keep an open mind and listen to me."

 

The next moment, she burst into tears and was crying out loud.

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

It took a good 15 minutes before she calmed down and was ready to talk.

 

"So what do you want to say?" 

 

"Look at you, not sure who is the real baby here, you or Eunbi," I took a warm towel, cleaning her eyes. "Let's see how are you going to go for your schedule tomorrow."

 

"Spill it." She glared with a little pout. 

 

"Alright alright," I hugged her from the back, holding tight onto her hands. "You know, you are not the Im Yoona anymore. You're not the Im Yoona that can give up everything for me, nor am I the Kwon Jiyong that you used to know. So many things have changed and I have thought really hard on these issues. This is the best I could think of, and I am going to be very firm with these decisions." 

 

"Firstly, you are a public figure now. I don't wish to see rumours about you spreading around, especially when I know none of them are true." I sighed. "But Tiffany, she can do anything just to get what she wants. Her threats meant nothing to me. I am not afraid of her but I am worried that she may bring harm to you. I don't wish to ruin your career." 

 

"They can curse me but not you Yoona." 

 

I felt like I was letting out everything that was on my mind for the past few days, feeling so relieved at each confession. 

 

"So you are going to send Eunbi over every weekend?"

 

"I have told her before she gains trust from Eunbi, she cannot force Eunbi to follow her. But I will let her have time with Eunbi alone. Eunbi is old enough and I feel that she has the right to know about her biological mother but of course, I will never let her know the reason why Tiffany left initially." 

 

"Are you sure that this would work? Eunbi took such a long time to open up to me and she still doesn't let ahjumma carry her."

 

"We shall see how it goes, taking a step at a time. Besides, if everything works well, it will be good for Eunbi." I gave her a peck on the cheeks. "She'd have 2 mums to dote on her, how amazing is that?"

 

She just stared at me without any words, looking right into my arms.

 

"What do you think about co-parenting?" I was playing with her fingers mindlessly. "I think it's the best choice we have right now. Although it might be kinda tough now but definitely the best choice for the long run."

 

"You're her dad, you decide." 

 

"Come on~ You're her favourite Yoona omma too~" I mumbled against her neck.

 

"Yah, stop doing that, it's ticklish!" She squirmed a little in my arms. "Ji,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter