He'

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting with Yuri, I went to his house right away. The surge of courage brought my feet over but as I approached the familiar path, I started to drag my feet. 

 

Tonight was the night, it's either I get the whole universe and that hint of rainbow or lose everything. 

 

I keyed in the 6 digit passcode, unlocking the door effortlessly. He didn't change the code at all; it was my birthdate.

 

As I opened the door, a shadow passed immediately, coming over to my feet, looking up at me.

 

Meow~

 

"Hey Ai~" giving it a kiss on the cheeks. "Where's your daddy?"

 

I carried her into my arms, Ai, his cat. Of course, why would I expect a cat to reply me? I changed into my slippers and took a step in. It's funny how Ai is his cat, but it always sticks to me like super glue. Well, you can say she likes me more. You'd think all cats are not affectionate but she practically acts like a dog. 

 

There was no one in the living room and my feet brought me to the room next to the master bedroom as if I'm all used to this. The door creaked open slowly as I gave it a light push. 

 

There, revealed a pink-furnished room, with a little princess sitting on the bed, holding on to the bunnies I bought her. 

 

My heart broke a little. 

 

She looked up, stunned. She stared at me blankly and not long after, her eyes started welling up. I brought her into my arms before she could start crying.

 

"Sshh," her arms were wrapped around my neck so tightly and she started weeping. "Baby, I'm sorry..."

 

'"Yoona omma... I miss you..." She cried. "Where have you been? Why did you leave Eunbi and Appa that day? I couldn't find you when I woke up that morning." 

 

I didn't know how to tell her all these.

 

"I thought you're not coming back... I asked Appa where did you go but he did not say anything." She pulled apart, staring into my eyes. "I thought you don't want Eunbi anymore..."

 

My heart broke, at that very moment. I was fighting those tears that were welling up in my eyes.

 

If I lose tonight, I'll lose her as well. 

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

"Hush hush, don't cry anymore. I am here now, what is there to cry?"

 

She's that little ray of sunshine in our toxic life. Looking at her, it reminded me of myself when I was young, losing such an important figure at such a young age.

 

"Is your daddy around?" I wiped away her tears, giving her a smile. I already knew the answer even before asking; Kwon Jiyong would not leave her alone at home. 

 

"Daddy is in his study room, with another lady." she paused a little and looked up. "Yoona omma, I don't like her... Daddy was frowning all the way when he was talking to her, that's all I saw before getting caught by daddy and get chased out."

 

Another lady? 

 

"She has been staring at Eunbi weirdly ever since she stepped into the house and daddy doesn't look happy at all..." She continued to blabber on. "She's the lady that we saw in Bali! Yoona omma left after seeing her too! I don't like her at all... Daddy told me that she's Tiffany imo."

 

So that explained it all. 

 

"Baby, I've to find your daddy for a while, you can be here alone right?" I her head affectionately, giving her a peck on the cheek. "I'll be right back."

 

"Yes! Eunbi is a big girl now!"

 

I walked towards the master bedroom with heavy steps, feeling like I would never get there at this rate. The door wasn't fully shut, so the moment I came close to the door, I could hear the commotion inside. 

 

"Ji, I really don't want this to turn out ugly. How hard is it to allow her to come over to my place for just once per week? I am really not asking much." A little sniff could be heard. "I'm sorry, I was a little harsh on my words that night, but I couldn't help it." 

 

"Things turn out ugly the moment you are back. Why did you even choose to come back? You were so good at it, so good at hiding in silence, you should have just continue like that." He let out a chuckle. "Now what? You want to see her just once per w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter