Trouble

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daddy!" 

 

She came running into my arms, hugging my neck. It was a friday evening, Yoona had a sudden schedule and couldn't make it to fetch her from school. Since I was free after the meeting at 4pm, I thought it would be nice for me to go and fetch her. It's been quite long since I've done that. 

 

"Hello, Mr Kwon. I'm Eunbi's homeroom teacher, may I have a word with you?"

 

Her homeroom teacher was standing at the door step as she motioned me into the office. It was only then when I put Eunbi down on the chair, I noticed that she had a small scratch on her cheeks, her eyes were red and puffy with her lips pouting like how she always does it. 

 

"What happened?" I asked as we both settled down. 

 

"Eunbi got into a fight with her playmate. It happened when the teachers were out to send a few kids out." The teacher had a apologetic face as she spoke. "I'm sorry, we should be more careful."

 

"How's the other child?" I was trying to suppress my anger as I stole a glance at Eunbi and diverted my attention back to the teacher the next moment. 

 

"She's fine. She had a little stratch on her neck as well but it's not a big issue here. I hope you can speak to Eunbi about it. I've asked her what happened but she refused to say."

 

"No problem. Thank you so much." 

 

Eunbi was sitting on the chair, frowning. She had her fist clenched together, staring right into my eyes. 

 

"Let's go Kwon Eunbi."

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

The trip home was a quiet one; neither her nor I spoke up. She knew that I was mad the moment I called her by her full name. 

 

I opened the door, letting her in first. She went straight to her room. I was not expecting her to shower by herself. I needed time to cool myself down, not wanting to rage at her.

 

It had been a hour and I figured out it's time. I let out a sigh before I called out. 

 

"Kwon Eunbi, come out."

 

She made her way out, dragging her feets. As if she was used to it, she pulled her own chair and sat right infront of me. 

 

"Tell me, what did you do wrong?"

 

She kept shut, not wanting to look into my eyes.

 

"Why did you do that?" I asked again. "Kwon Eunbi, answer me."

 

I kept my tone low as I stared at her. The last time she fought with her classmates was earlier this year. They were mocking her, saying that she doesn't have a mummy. Usually whatever comes out from a 4-year old, we should just take it with a pinch of salt. But Eunbi is still young, she is absorbing everything that is thrown to her.

 

It was that time when she realised that everyone has a mummy, it was after that time she started questioning me, asking me why don't she have one. It was also then, I realised that I don't have an answer.

 

What should I say? That her biological mum doesn't want her?

 

"She started it first!"

 

"And is there a need to fight back? Did you forgot what daddy told you last time?"

 

"But she started it first! She hurt Eunbi first!" Tears were visible in her eyes, her lips were curved downwards.

 

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter