Chapter Forty

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jong In’s POV
“Ha Neul! Wake up please” we were inside the ambulance rushing to the nearest hospital. I insisted on getting in the same ambulance with her and no one could stop me from doing otherwise. The paramedic was holding down to her stomach, her shirt was bloody by now and she was unconscious. The despair inside me grew more and more as the look on the mans’ face was unreadable.
He too looked to be uncertain of what would happen and the more I though about I the more it hurt. I had failed to protect Ha Neul yet again… “Sir, we arrived you need to get out immediately.” The door of the ambulance opened and we went outside, a whole team of people dressed in white run towards us and led the bed with Ha Neul inside I too was running behind them. “Are you her guardian sir?” A woman asked me, she looked really calm despite all the chaos that was happening around us, in a way that calmed me down but I was so tense nothing could help me at that point.
I nodded my head at her question but before I could even answer with anything Detective Zhang rushed inside as well. “We need to know what happened to the patient can you enlighten us?” “I will. I’m Detective Zhang Yixing, head of the violent crimes department. The woman’s name is Man Ha Neul and she was shot by a criminal. I believe she has sustained more injuries from when I saw her, also this man here might be injured too so please watch him.” “Wait… did you say her name is Man Ha Neul?” “Yes… why?” the lady was shocked and only then I realized… Ha Neul’s mother is a nurse so maybe they know her somehow. I felt ashamed and even more desperate than I already was. How could I face her family now? Yes her mother didn’t know about me and I could hide but, I don’t dare leave her alone.
I really can’t do that. I’ll face everything for her. Only for Ha Neul. “Excuse me sir, but I know her mother, I’m going to call her immediately and I don’t care if you agree or not” the nurse left us and rushed behind her desk, picked up her phone. It didn’t last long and so she returned back to us… A few minutes later I saw her. Ha Neul’s mother was rushing towards us, or rather Detective Zhang. It seemed she was informed by the other nurse.
Gazing at her I could tell they were related, I don’t know how it worked with the whole reincarnation thing but I saw it in Sehun too. “What happened to my daughter?!” she was crying and just the image of that made me feel so guilty I couldn’t stand it. “Hye Soo, before anything else you have to sign for Ha Neul to go to surgery” the nurse from before approached Ha Neul’s mother with a few papers and she didn’t hesitate to sign one bit. By now even the doctors might have known Ha Neul is her daughter as one doctor came and told her he’d do anything to save her.
In a way that was really good, I knew they’d take care of her… “Tell me… please” she now turned to look at Detective Zhang, and at the same time I could feel her staring at me. It probably was because of all the blood I was covered with.
I was holding Ha Neul’s wound before the paramedics reached us so I was probably covered from head to toe. “Mrs. Man I know it’s hard to understand” before Detective Zhang would say anything I got up from the chair I was sitting and approached her. “I’ll tell her everything…” he looked at me and then went a bit further. It was my duty to tell her not his.
Ha Neul was there because of me.
“I’m so sorry!” my knees gave out and without even knowing how I kneeled in front of her. “It’s my fault Ha Neul is there… if she didn’t jump to save me then it would be me in there. I’m so sorry” She knelt right in front of me and tried to make me get up. “Before you tell me everything, let me check on your wounds… ok?” Why? Why wasn’t she mad at me why didn’t she just hit me for putting her daughter in danger? It would be so much easier than this. She led me inside a room, isolated from other patient and workers there. She gave me a clean towel and helped me wipe off the blood from my skin. “I called my son here, I even told him to bring a pair of new clothes for you, ok?” I nodded but I couldn’t say anything.
I just kept wondering what she had in mind. Why was she treating me so nicely when all I did was bring pain to Ha Neul. “Sit on the bed over there” I did and she followed behind, sitting right beside me.
Before continuing though she checked me for any wounds. I wasn’t hurt so she stared right at me. “Tell me everything. What happened from beginning to end.” “I don’t know if you’ve seen me on the news yet, but I’m the man accused of murdering his parents… the news have been everywhere so I bet you know.” I sighed wiping my tears away “Ha Neul found me and she swore to prove my innocence to the whole world and of course she did… but she got involved deeper than she should have the men who actually killed my parents shot her but I was the target… I’m sorry for hurting your daughter… I really am” She placed her hand on my shoulder but she looked stronger than I was. Maybe the years of being in an environment like this helped her become this strong, I don’t know. What I did know was that I couldn’t be like her, not one bit. “Do you know her biggest secret?” she asked me and I nodded my head “Then I guess you’re her destiny. You see I knew something would happen to her sooner or later, based on how her lives have been since now… I just didn’t expect it to happen so soon.” “Even though I’m her destiny… you shouldn’t be so nice to me. It’s because of me she is in there” Ha Neul’s mother shook her head. “It’s not because of you, boy. It’s because she’s stubborn. I bet she would do the same thing again and again. That’s how Ha Neul is. And I don’t think I can actually hate you, not after seeing the way you cry for her, you’re also the man she’s been looking for so… if she went against death to be with you then she wouldn’t even hesitate going against me” She chuckled but at the same time a tear slipped down her cheek. I knew though she wanted to cry just the way I was. I wouldn’t blame her… “For now we’ll just have to wait for her to survive. I know she will” she wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we both fell to silent tears. ~~~ I was waiting right outside the operating room in clean clothes now, Ha Neul’s brother was right beside me and so was her mother. Even though she is a nurse here the doctors wouldn’t allow her to go inside for fear of her not being able to handle it.
She was persistent but no one would even open the doors for her. “Why aren’t they done yet!” Dong Woon got up and paced around for a while. “It’s been more than three hours damn it. Mom you really can’t go inside?” she shook her head and just stayed silent. Then as if on cue the doors opened and the doctor came out. His expression was not good and I could feel my whole body tense up. “What happened Doctor Park?” “Nurse Man, your daughter is fine. We managed to get over the critical state she was in, she almost went into shock and we did everything to keep her alive, of course we made it so there is no need to worry. For now though it’s up to her to wake up, it might take a few hours or a few days, depending of course on what her state is. For now we decided to keep her in the pathology ward so you can be as close to her as possible” “Thank you so much Doctor Park” she bowed a few times and soon the doctor went back inside. I didn’t know how to feel.
Yes Ha Neul was fine, she managed to overcome her critical state like the doctor mentioned but what guaranteed me she’d wake up? I just wish she’d be right here beside me, telling me everything would be fine. “Mom… what did the doctor mean when he said it depends on when she wakes up?” I waited for her answer too. I needed to know more. “She lost a lot of blood honey, we’ll just want and see how her body reacts to it. All we can do for now is hope for the best.” ~~~ “Can I go inside?” I asked Ha Neul’s mother, once she exited her room while dragging a cart full of IV and medicines. Ha Neul was moved in a single room, which meant she had no one inside with her. In the beginning they said it wasn’t ideal to see her yet but her mother went in regardless of what they said and I was about to do the same.
I just had to see her no matter what, I couldn’t stand being away from her anymore. “You can go and see her. She’s stable now” I sighed in relief and rushed inside. The moment I saw her la
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter