Epilogue Pt.Two

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Three weeks later Jong In’s POV
“Hello bro” Sehun approached me and threw an arm around my shoulder. He had that smug look on his face whenever he’d done something to be proud of. The past year, he’s been great at handling his job. The shareholders decided he should take the place of the Chief in our team, he works behind closed doors making sure everything goes according to plan, while now I’m promoted to the leader following Sehun’s orders but also giving them myself. “Hey Sehun” “What’s wrong, you look stressed” I shook my head staring at the papers in front of me.
Tonight there was an event taking place so my team and I would be the ones in charge of the protection. It particularly is an auction event and so the high society people should be protected at all cost. “I’m dividing the team for the auction” I saw him raise an eyebrow “I don’t think that’s the only thing in your mind” I didn’t want to reply to that, because yes for the past weeks I’ve been bothered by thoughts I never ever had in mind. “You know you can always tell me, right?” nodding I went back to my job, really needing to avoid the whole situation. “Jong In…” “Fine… there is something in my mind. Maybe something that doesn’t have to do with work but I don’t want to have it in mind either.” I paused looking at him.
I haven’t talked about this to anyone, not even Ha Neul.
I don’t want to admit defeat to this kind of feeling.
“I’ve been wondering about my biological parents” Sehun took a chair and sat right beside me “How so? You’ve never thought of them” “Ha Neul asked me once and well… after that I’ve had that thing in my mind more often that I should” “Can I help somehow?” I shook my head. The only thing that I had to do was stay put. Do absolutely nothing, I have a feeling this is not going to turn out in a good way.
“If you need anything you can always tell me, never forget that Jong In. Anyways the reason I came here is to tell you something else. You’ve certainly heard of
Kim Jang Hoon” I indeed have heard of the name. Kim Jang Hoon, the richest man in our country if not in the world, the owner of a pharmacy company, from what I know he himself is involved in the making of his medicines, there was a time he worked as a doctor but soon moved to business.
That’s all I know about him. “Yeah what about him?” “He’s going to need our assistance for two weeks starting from today’s auction event. He’s going to attend along with his wife so he need extra attendance. I know you’re also in charge of the event itself but I’ll need you to be beside him at all time and I’ll be there too.” They must really need protection seeing how Sehun is also going out from the office. “Sure. I’ll just let the team take care of everything” “Thank you Jong In. There are some particular things you should know thought before anything. His wife is going to be a small problem.” Raising my eyebrows in confusion I leaned forward to pay more attention to Sehun “She is suicidal. At any moment she could do something that would put herself in danger or even Kim Jang Hoon that’s why we’ll have to be always alert.” I see… the danger is not an outsider. “I’ll have everything planned Sehun, no need to worry” “Great I’ll see you tonight then” Sehun left my office. As soon as the door closed behind him, I got my phone and texted Ha Neul. I told her how I’d be more late than expected.
She’d be at her mom’s house and then I’d go and pick her up so we could go to our home. ~~~ We arrived at the auction event. Sehun and I stood right outside the building waiting for Kim Jang Hoon and his wife to arrive. We had received a call that they’d be here any moment now. A few minutes later the car arrived and stopped right outside. The door opened, a tall man coming out from it, one could consider him really well kept especially for his age.
He fixed his costume and a moment later a woman came out, but she wasn’t walking… no she was on a wheelchair. Is this why she’s the way she is?
In all honesty the woman was so beautiful, I could see why Kim Jang Hoon would choose her, then again true love sometimes works in a really weird way. “Hello Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” Sehun stood in front of them greeting the old couple. “Hello” the wife nodded her head. Sehun offered to push the wheelchair but Kim Jang Hoon refused and did it himself.
Indeed this is true love. It was all obvious in the man’s eyes. “No need to worry about this Mr. Oh, I can take care of my wife” he smiled and then glanced at me.
I was walking right beside Sehun and once the man noticed me I introduced myself. “Nice to meet you sir. I’m Kim Jong In” he nodded his head and with a sigh he pushed the wheel inside the hall.
From what I read earlier, Kim Jang Hoon is the organizer of this whole event and every cent they’re gathering is going to go for charity work. I’ll admit that’s something really nice to do, especially when you have so many things you can offer. The couple were situated on a table far behind the crowd, Kim Jang Hoon was holding his wife’s hand and not a moment did he let go.
Seeing all of this makes me wish I can be like this with Ha Neul, if not then I don’t know what will happen of me. The auction had started, people were everywhere around us and I could see Kim Jang Hoon’s wife was starting to be a bit restless, something which just made me think of how pitiful she looked at that state.
It all just made me feel… sad in a way. Kim Jang Hoon got up, letting go of her hand. “I need to go to the bathroom. Young man please stay with her while I’m gone.” I nodded my head and he left along with Sehun following behind. His wife turned to look at me, something she did for the first time this night. Her eyes stayed glued on me though, something was weird about it and I couldn’t exactly place it in words. “Ma’am is there anything I can help you with?” she shook her head no and stared right at her hands. “Everything’s fine…” her voice was soft, to the point one could easily fall asleep while listening to it. “What is your name again?” “Kim Jong In” “I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter