Chapter Sixteen

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ha Neul’s POV
We were long gone from Lee Jung Soon’s neighborhood, it was already 5 in the afternoon by now and Jong In was driving us to our next person on the list. The whole ride I was wondering, what did he witness… what made him quit like this… “Do you think the company has anything to do with it Jong In?” I asked still staring outside the window, at people walking on their own pace. “Not really. They don’t care as long as we get the money from the people we protect. They never did.” I sighed and turned my head to look at him. I could see the tiredness in his eyes. “You know… we haven’t eaten anything in a while. Let’s stop somewhere so I can get us both something.” Jong In did as he was told. He stopped the car somewhere where there were not a lot of people around and I went to order. After half an hour or so I was done with the orders and went back to the car, but before I could enter I saw someone I never expected to see… “Ha Neul!” … what if he sees me here with Jong In? “Hey Hong Gil” I immediately went away from my car and approached my younger co-worker. “What are you doing here?” I pretended to be excited to see him just so he wouldn’t even pay attention to the person on the driver’s seat. “I should ask you the same.” He laughed and patted my shoulder “I’m here to eat with a few friends. Do you want to join us?” I stared behind him only to find a few kids. Three girls and another boy were waiting for Nam Hong Gil to join them. I put my mind to fast thinking just to find something to reject his great invite. Honestly even if Jong In wasn’t with me I’d reject him.
I wouldn’t go hang out with kids my brother’s age. I might not be that old myself but my mind is already a hundred years old. “I’m sorry to ruin the fun Hong Gil, but me and my brother are going to take my mom from the hospital” That’s the best excuse I could think of.
He knows I have a brother and he also knows that I have a mother. “From the hospital? Is she fine did something happen?” the worried look on his face made me laugh. Now that’s something he didn’t know. “Of course not Hong Gil, she works there. She’s is a nurse” “Thanks God I thought there was trouble in your family” why would he care though? Could my intuition be true with this one?
I’ve always been under the impression that Nam Hong Gil had a crush on me. Years of experience in this field made it more than an intuition. “By the way Ha Neul, why aren’t you coming to work?” g
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter