Epilogue Pt.One

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Year Later

Ha Neul’s POV
I left a flower in front of the urn, beside it a photo of Jong In and his parents smiling right at me.
They looked happy and for that I felt a certain warmth inside me. I turned my head to look over at Jong In, tears swelled in his eyes as if not daring to fall and upon instinct I held his hand. I didn’t speak and neither did he. Silence fell between us but not the awkward kind, it was more like I’m here with you kind of silence so I just held on his hand until he’d be the one to let it go.
The moment passed and he finally spoke to the photos of the two people. “Mom, dad. I missed you. I just hope you’re well up there, Ha Neul is keeping me well so you don’t have to worry about a thing.” with that he looked at me and smiled. I turned to look at the people in the photo, I too had things to say to them things such as a thank you. Thank you for raising Jong In into being this amazing man. Although I didn’t get to meet you in person I’m sure you’re lovely people. “Let’s go Ha Neul” Jong In let go of my hand and we walked back to our car. I could tell he didn’t want to be here. He was still in pain and I understood his feelings completely.
I had lost my dad years ago and when I visited his grave I wanted to cry… but of course it’s only natural. We entered our car and Jong In started the engines towards my mom’s home.
She invited us home knowing well what day it was. She didn’t want Jong In to feel alone and for that I really appreciate her actions. “My mom is waiting for us at her home, she said she cooked your favorite” Jong In looked at me a childish expression on his face. “Chicken!?” I nodded and he threw a fist in the air “I love her for that!” I laughed the moment I felt the car speed up “Hold on tight honey we’re rushing cause I’m starving” Even though it’s been a year Jong In has managed to come back to his feet.
A year… now that I think about it, time flew fast. As if today his parents died and these were the days he most suffered. My heart tightened at the though of him wandering the streets still in shock from the sudden loss only to be blamed for anything. I’m so glad this whole thing has been resolved. But mostly I’m proud of the things he’s managed to do this far. After one year he had gone back to his job, this time though the chief was not someone we didn’t trust no, Sehun took the place of Mr. Choi so now Jong In would be able to do anything he wanted. He got a raise as he had now Sehun’s old place.
I on the other hand got a raise myself.
After this ordeal they agreed to let me have my independence in writing articles and I was mostly working on violent crimes cases. My editor was satisfied from my work so all was good. Thus we managed to leave my old house and got a new one of our own with our money combined we got a decent house, more homey safer in a way and it definitely had more space. It’s been almost two weeks since we moved and I have to say it had worked pretty well.
Everything is working out fine for both of us and nothing seems as if it’s going to be ruined. “Let’s go” We had arrived at my mom’s house and Jong In parked the car right outside from her house. Jong In exited the car and rushed inside while I locked the car and followed behind. My mom opened the door and they hugged before he went in and sat on his favorite chair ready for lunch to be served. “He’s such a child. Even I don’t do that” my brother was on the couch playing video games. He didn’t even look at us and honestly I wanted to play with him too but I also wanted to help my mom. “You’re just jealous bro” Jong In laughed giving me a cheeky look. “Stop teasing my brother and just come and help” he pouted and got up from the chair helping me with the bottle of wine I had on my hand. I couldn’t open it and him being as strong as he was it was just a piece of cake. He approached me raising his sleeves up, which is really rude of him to do, and then took the bottle from my hand and opened it with that damn look in his face that made me want him even more than I already did.
Damn men with ed sleeved and shirts… why do they even exist. Especially men like Kim Jong In to be precise this man exactly. “Here you are honey” he winked and walked past me, leaving me restless. He sat right beside my brother taking the spare controller. “Let’s play Dong Woo, I’m ready to beat you” “In your wildest dreams” I smiled despite what he made me feel like that. I’m just really happy for Jong In. He’s really close with my brother and that just makes me feel like we’ve become a new family for him.
A family he can trust and that can be beside him. “By the way love, how are your new glasses?” my mom asked me. Somehow I started having a bit of difficulty reading on my computer screen and my papers, so she made an appointment for me and now here I am, trying to adjust to these new glasses, something that’s really hard to do. “I’m not really liking them, I’m just wearing them to get uses to it, after I do then I’ll only wear them on my work” “I believe you look stunning” Jong In said while losing from my brother at the game. He had like me with glasses from the very first moment. “I’m not trusting you Jong In” “You should honey” Jeez my man is such
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter