Epilogue Pt.Three

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ha Neul’s POV
“Jong In… are you fine?” I held his hand tightly making sure he was fine. Two days ago he found a photo of himself in Kim Jang Hoon’s estate and today we were going to get the DNA test results.
Although Kim Jang Hoon and Kim Mina believed Jong In in a way they just had to make sure he is their son, and honestly I do not blame them at all.
I was just as stressed as Jong In and I couldn’t wait for the answers to come out. The couple was on the other side of the room, right from across us, the wife stealing glances from Jong In and the husband just looking at her making sure she was ok but he too couldn’t keep his eyes away from Jong In.
If it turns out they’re related then that means Jong In will get to know his real parents. “I’m fine… I’m just a bit nervous” he held my hand tightly as he whispered into my ears. His voice just gave out how much fear and need he had inside him and all I wanted to do was hold him inside my arms. “Whatever happens just know that it will not get worse for you, only better” he turned his head and stared at me nodding and giving me one of his warmest smiles, I caressed his cheek and returned the smile, after all I was beside him no matter what happened. Minutes later the doctor came out from his office, holding a paper on his hand.
Jong In only held my hand even tighter than before and I could tell how much he wanted them to be his biological parents.
I too in a way hoped he’d find them, the way I found him and he found me. “Mr. and Mrs. Kim the results are out” we all got up approaching the doctor who had a small on his face. “Apparently the DNA’s provided match 99,8% meaning there is a relation between father and son” So that means… Jong In is really their son. I looked at the three people in front of me. They were all speechless, just staring at one another and I could just tell they had a lot of things to talk about and so I walked away so they could get some space.
I looked at them and Kim Jang Hoon was the first to react. He started crying and took Jong In inside his arms and he returned embrace of his father, as he too started crying. Kim Mina was still lost in her thoughts but once Jong In went on his knees she hugged him tightly. I could see how much strength she used from the veins in her arms.
Without realizing it I too was tearing up for those three people. “My son!” the woman spoke “I finally have you in my arms again. I’ve missed you for so long and then you appear in front of us as if destiny wanted us to find each other”
Destiny… this game of fate had done a lot to hurt us, to bring us down but now that we’ve made it, fate is rewarding us with more happiness. “I missed you so much my son” the man kneeled too and the three of them were embracing each other to no end. “All these years… I though you had abandoned me. Please tell me what happened, I need to know” “We’ll talk. We’re going to speak about everything but let’s do that somewhere else” Kim Jang Hoon got up, looking at Jong In with a bright smile. We left the private hospital we were in and we went to a restaurant. They reserved a secluded place so we could have our peace and quiet.
The three of them were talking and I just looked at them and heard all the stories they told about Jong In. How cute of a child he was how kind but naughty at the same time. I laughed with them and at moments cried too. And then they talked about the incident. “So… what happened? I have no recollection before my days at the orphanage.” they both sighed looked at Jong In and I. “It was at your birthday honey. We were going to celebrate it along with your father’s co-workers but then… that day you disappeared and we looked for you everywhere like crazy for days but in the end it was useless…” Kim Jang Hoon paused taking a breath as if taking some kind of courage from that and then continued “The man who had kidnapped you asked for money, we gave them to him but he never brought you to us, until today that you found your way back” Mrs. Mina started crying again while Kim Jang Hoon held her hand making sure she was fine. Jong In turned his head towards me and we shared our secret look the one only we knew, where we’d say that we’re happy or displeased. Between the two we always knew how to differentiate that's why now we were telling each other that we’re happy. “What was my name?” Jong In asked a curious look on his face “Kim Jang Kyu, that was your name” he nodded his head. Strangely the name didn’t sound so weird to me, neither strange nor foreign, but maybe it’s because for me his face has carried many names, yet no one changed who he was. The kind man with the stunning smile, the man who was meant to be mine. “I hope you don’t mind me keeping the name I have now. I’m way to used to this and I don’t think I can work with the other” “All that matters is that you’re back with us. I don’t care with what name you came to us, all I care is that you’re here now” Mrs. Mina held his hand. I looked at Jong In only to see tears threatening to fall from his eyes and my heart broke in a way. “You’re Man Ha Neul, right?” Kim Jang Hoon asked me and I nodded my head “I heard about you and the things you did for Jong In… if it wasn’t for you then maybe we’d never get to meet him. He’d be in jail for something he did not do” “You don’t have to thank me sir, I only did it because I love him. I wouldn’t be fine myself had he been behind bars.” I stole a glance from Jong In and he was smiling at me, with one swift movement he kissed my cheek making my heart flutter as if it was the first time he kissed me. “Thank you so much Ha Neul” his mother smiled at me “You saved my son”
I would do it again if I had to. For Kim Jong In I’d do it always, forever and beyond time again and again until I got sick of it, until Fate decided it’s enough.
Jong In seemed to read my eyes, knowing exactly what I meant and he hugged me whispering a soft ‘I love you’ in my ear, making my whole being shiver in happiness. ~~~ A month later “Ha Neul! I’m back” Jong In came inside our bedroom, having a bowl of ice-cream in his hands. “Look what I got you!”
The past week I had been feeling really sick and so I had stayed home for three days now. My mom had come over too, bringing me a bag full of medicines and other stuff, I hadn’t really taken a look at the bag but I knew I needed the antiemetic medicine which despite it’s use hadn’t stopped my vomiting all the time, as my mom told me common colds were really strong these days and I was literally suffering. “You got me ice-cream?” I always loved this particular snack but today I wasn’t that excited about it, in all honesty I didn’t want to eat anything, everything looked disgusting and although I hated saying it, ice cream too. I sat up from the bed, hoping the mood for food would be back but nothing of the sort happened. “Don’t rush it young lady. Firstly I want you to get out of bed and take a warm shower, you’ve been laying in bed for three days and your body is probably stiff” Jong In sat beside me, snaking his arms around my waist, his head rested on the crook of my neck making me feel warm. His breath tickled me and I couldn’t help but smile as I too turned my head to him, I kissed his forehead and nuzzled in his fluffy hair. Damn I love his hair. They’re so soft, to the point I want to play with them all day.
I probably shouldn’t be kissing him, nor should I be this close to him since I’d be giving him my cold but then I’d be able to have him beside me all day, what else could I ask, I just had to be selfish once. “I don’t want to get up Jong In” he parted from our comfortable position and stared at me sternly.
A look that at that moment made him look so y… damn this man. “Nope. You’re washing up right now. I’ve ordered food from our favorite pizza place, bough movies to watch. But firstly I want you to get up and take a bath, you’ll feel better I promise” I sighed and with big steps and a heavy heart, did as Jong In told me. The moment I stood on my own two feet, I felt dizziness take over my body, he must have noticed that as he immediately held me by my waist so as I would not fall. “I feel like the whole room is spinning around Jong In” once I said that he held me with all his strength in his embrace. “You really feel like , huh?” “Did you think I was lying?” “No! Overacting though, totally” I managed a laugh and with his help I sat down on the side of the bed. “How are you feeling?” I sighed raising my head to look at the ceiling, taking a deep breath and recalling wh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter