Chapter Five

Reincarnation: Unavoidable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jong In’s POV
“So… do you want to tell me your story?” Man Ha Neul asked me. We were both sitting on the living room, across from each other as she was trying to extract information from me. Should I tell her what has happened?
Till now, she seems quite trustworthy. She’s really done a lot for me. She gave me medicine, clothes, a roof above my head and most importantly food to eat. “Why do you want to know?” despite the help she’s given me, I just have to ask…
“You’ve done enough for me, Mrs. Man” “Call me Ha Neul” she corrected me, I don’t feel quite well to call her by her name just now… still I’ll have to try, right? “Also, I’ve told you I’m a reporter, right? I’ll help you if you tell me.” I raised my eyebrow at her. Really though, why is she so willing to help me? No one would do this in her case. Like, you see a wanted person and immediately call the police… you don’t take him in your house.
She’s weird, or maybe special? I don’t know… Anyways, I think I’ll have to tell her, since my main target now, is to save my from all this ty situation. “You know… all of this happened because of my job” I lowered my head, but I could feel her moving closer and sitting beside me. “You see, I’m a bodyguard… or was” I sighed continuing “We had to protect that dude… but something happened. I don’t know what, but after that we were all threatened that day.” “How does it make it the reason though?” true… Well, this is the kind of job, where you have to protect everyone, regardless of who they are. And that includes bad guys too. I hate it but, I get paid a lot for this…
Now it won’t be the same though… “You see, some other guys from the bodyguard agency were fired from their jobs, except from me and two others… For some strange reason though, those two guys suddenly decided it was time to end their career.” I lifted my head to stare at her, only to find her looking at me straight in the eyes. To be honest… this isn’t awkward at all. For some kind of strange reason, this is calming and I don’t even know why.
I can even feel my heart skip a beat… this is so weird. I wonder if she’s getting that feeling too. “What happened when your parents died?” she’s quite direct… “I was at work… that day I was working under some businessman’s bratty daughter. She was at that club and I had to be there in order to protect her. She was done by four and reached my house at, five? I think so” I paused by taking a deep breath and then continued… It’s hard to tell those kind of things. Especially describing a scene you want to forget for the rest of your life…
Even though they were not my real parents, they still meant a lot to me. They raised me to the man who I am today. And I’m glad they invested so much on me… “When I got in the house, the lights were all turned off, which I found strange, since my mom always left a small light open for me. Then I turned them on, and found my dad dead in the livingroom, stabbed multiple times and so was my mom… only that she was sleeping. That morning she had a headache, I guess she wanted to sleep…” I felt hot tears running down my cheeks. It seems that even if I try to suppress them it’s impossible. My life is so ed up… “It’s ok, don’t worry” the moment Ha Neul said that, she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer. My head resting on her shoulder, and I swear I could hear her heartbeat… even though she seems to be quite calm on the outside, her heart is restless.
It’s beating as if it’s in pain. Maybe she sympathizes with me… “What happened, has already happened. All you need to focus now is getting yourself out of this mess…” I nodded my head, still being inside her arms. “I still don’t get why you’re doing this… but thank you” without realizing it, I wrapped my arms around her waist. This definitely gives me more strength, having someone beside you, believing in you like this, this is the best thing that could happen to me right now. Some moments passed of me staying like that, until I finally decided it was about time to part from the hug.
I don’t want this to get awkward, She’s helping me after all. “Is there something else I can do for you?” I shook my head. “You know, I feel like we should get you clothes… should I go to your house and get some for you? Or if you have something in your house that I can actually get?” “What? No, everything is fine… don’t even think of doing something like that. It could be impossible to even go in you know…” she smirked at me and got up. She pulled out some car keys from her drawer and signed me to get up. She’s ing crazy… “What are we doing?” “Don’t worry Kim Jong In, I can do this for you. It’s no big deal” Gosh… I can’t even say no. Nevertheless, I got up as well and followed her, heading downstairs. She unlocked a black car and then we got in.
Ha Neul though, didn’t want to drive herself so I took the wheel and soon… took us to my house…
Ha Neul’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter