Chapter 8

Dear Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim House

 

Sunggyu entered the house for the first time without making a fuzz about his arrival; he usually announces it just to make sure everyone hears him. And it didn’t go unnoticed by his parents especially his father suspecting it has to do with Woohyun.

“You’re home early”, Mrs Kim asked surprised, her husband told her that Sunggyu might be late studying

Sunggyu took the space next to his father on the couch and closed his eyes, “I have a headache.”

“Of course, you’ll have a headache!! You don’t sleep early, you’re always on your phone plus you don’t eat breakfast!!”

“Ok, I get it.”

“And you don’t dry your hair when you shower!! It’s like everything you do is wrong!!”

“My existence is a mistake, got it.”

“Keep those bratty comments to your friends!! I’m your mother, when will you learn to talk properly!!!!”

“UMA.”

“Don’t yell, go, go to your room I don’t want to see your face.”

And that’s all it took for Sunggyu to break and cry as if he lost something as if he needed an excuse to cry and his mother did a great job bringing it all out from him. Mr Kim wrapped his arms around his son without saying a word he even gestured for his wife not to comment or say anything more, it wasn’t the first time Sunggyu breaks and cry, but usually, his mother uses harsh words, unlike this time.

 

It took Sunggyu few minutes to calm down with few tears left to wipe. Mrs Kim took her son into her arms and asked, “What’s wrong son?”

“Nothing, I’m fine.”

“All those tears and you say you’re fine?”

“I have exams; I’m just nervous that’s all.”

“Well, if you study then you won’t be nervous.”

“Uma~~~~~, Uma~~~~~~~.”

“I’m kidding; kids nowadays don’t know how to joke!” Mrs Kim added wiping what’s left from her son’s tears, “You do what you have to do, and whether you do good or bad, it doesn’t matter.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I lost hope in your grades a long time ago, I’m immune to shocks.”

Mrs Kim was the only one who was able to make her son smile effortlessly, “Uma~~~.”

“Why are you so sensitive recently?”

“I am not!!”

Mrs Kim caressed her son’s cheek warmly, “I don’t like it when you cry, always smile, promise me Sunggyu.”

“I promise”, Sunggyu then laid his head back on his mother’s chest, “God, you’re so dramatic, mom it’s your fault I’m dramatic!!!!”

Sunggyu chuckled when Mrs Kim pushed him off her; her son just called her a dramatic!!! “I don’t know what I did wrong with you Sunggyu!!!”

“So, you admit it’s your fault I’m like this!!! You should ground yourself!!”

Sunggyu ran off fast laughing before his mother smacks him with anything reachable to her, “YOU’RE GROUNDED FOR LIFE SUNGGYU.”

 

 

Yadong House

 

I drove to my friends’ house after I made sure I receive a message from Sunggyu that he is home, I hate to admit it, but I need their help. Now I know they’re against this relationship but they are my friends, and eventually, they will have to accept it and help me, that’s what friends are for, and I happen to believe in my friends.

“This better be good,” Howon said serving tea, “What brings you here my dear Woohyun?”

“Oh, come on!! It’s only 10; it’s not like you were about to sleep.”

“As a matter of fact, yes we were in bed ready to sleep.”

“And make love” Dongwoo added shamelessly along with his husband’s approve nod, “Tell me, are your parents okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, they are fine, it’s something else, it’s about my love life!!!”

Howon rolled his eyes, “You should’ve thought about this before you reject Heechul’s feelings Woohyun, but we will help.”

“Yah!! Who said anything about Heechul!”

“You met someone else already?” Dongwoo was surprised, his friend transferred from Sunggyu to Heechul to another person fast.

“Ani, Ani, I’m talking about Sunggyu.”

“The same Sunggyu you met on the plane?” Howon needed to be sure and Woohyun gladly nodded, “Don’t tell me you two are dating secretly?”

“Yes!!”

“Wah! So mature Woohyun, you’re doing childish stuff already.”

“Howon is right Woohyun; I think you already know that it’s not going to work because you’re keeping it a secret.”

“Not from everyone, his father knows, Sunggyu is just worried about my brother’s feelings that’s all.”

“Apparently, Sunggyu is the mature one among you two; I underestimated him.”

“Ha-ha very funny Dongwoo.”

“Glad I made you laugh, but I wasn’t kidding.”

Howon gave up on breaking up Woohyun and Sunggyu, if Woohyun was willing to go this far for the younger and date him secretly just to have him means he is genuinely in love, so like a good friend he decided to listen to him first and not judge.

“What did you do to him?”

“Howon!!! You really want to help?”

“Of course, if you like him then I have no other choice.”

Seeing that his husband is approving this, Dongwoo decided to join too, “And we’re keeping this a secret from everyone including Heechul until you decide to tell him.”

“I think Heechul likes Sunggyu too.”

“Omg!! You two are unbelievable!!! Fighting over an 18 years old boy!!!” Howon felt like he wants to kill his friends, what happened to them!!! Was their life really boring that they needed an 18 years old boy to help them spice up their lives!!!!

“He’s cute?”

“Shut up, and tell me what did you do to him?”

“Howon, why would you assume it’s Woohyun’s fault?”

Howon gave Woohyun a stern look that the latter tried to avoid, “Because I know my friend too well.”

“It’s Heechul’s fault!!”

“Here we go~~~.”

“No for real Howon, ever since dinner at my house and he’s been trying to get closer to Sunggyu he even bought him coffee!!!!”

“And how is that Sunggyu’s fault?”

Woohyun wanted to punch Howon for asking questions on point and calmly, “He accepted his coffee!!!”

“How did they meet again?” Dongwoo asked

“Heechul is his professor.”

“Omg, you were mad at Sunggyu for accepting coffee from his professor!!!! What got into your ing head!!!” Howon was taking charge like usual asking questions; he is the brain in the gang.

“I know!!!”

“And does Heechul knows you’re dating Sunggyu?”

“Ani, I said no when he asked me.”

“Daebak, are you an idiot!!! How bad were you to Sunggyu?”

“I yelled at him, Howon.”

“Hyun! Why??” Even Dongwoo doesn’t understand Woohyun’s behaviour

“And he apologised though he did nothing wrong and was willing to do it again in front of everyone.”

“Tell me you hugged me and everything was okay but Sunggyu was acting childish?” Woohyun shook his head, “God this Sunggyu boy is really something, I thought he’s just a kid.”

“I kicked him out from my room.”

“WHAT!!!”

“I wasn’t thinking!! Don’t make me feel worse, Howon.”

“Get out Woohyun; I can’t deal with you right now! Poor kid!!!”

“I thought you don’t like Sunggyu.”

“I was wrong!! I thought he doesn’t deserve you, but you just treated him bad for nothing!!! He is a teenager and sensitive what did you expect!!! And for him to apologise is a big deal, kids his age thinks they’re always right.”

“How do you know so much about this?”

“Idiot” Howon smacked Woohyun’s head, “I teach those boys, I’ve dealt with this for eight years now.”

Woohyun is a teacher too but because he was dating Sunggyu, he didn’t realise that he isn’t any different than his students.

“What do I do now!!”

“Call him” Howon threw Woohyun’s mobile towards him, “We need to evaluate the current status!!”

“Wow baby, you’re really into this.”

“Shut up Woo, and you call him now!!”

“What do I say?”

“Ask about him.”

“He won’t answer probably sleeping; he loves to sleep.”

“He is awake.”

Howon was so sure that Woohyun had no other choice but to call and guess what Howon was right Sunggyu was awake.

“Ajusshi? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to hear your voice.”

“…”

I took the call outside; those two won’t stop staring at me, “Why aren’t you sleeping?”

“I was going to before you called.”

“You can’t sleep, can you?”

“Hmm.”

“Is it because of me?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologising, will you?”

“Okay” What Sunggyu said next shocked Woohyun, “Ajusshi, don’t worry I won’t come to your family trip.”

“What made you think I don’t want you to come?”

“You asked me to leave you alone.”

“So now you want to listen to me!!”

“I'm confused!!!! Ajusshi, what do you want!!”

“I didn’t mean anything I said, I was acting like a child, I’m sorry” I wanted to punch myself for making him depressed!! Shouldn’t I be the reason behind his smile and bubbly character!! “Look if you’re not coming then I won’t! Plus, I won’t eat or go to work-”

“Okay, okay fine I’m coming, geez what are you a kid!!”

“So~~~~, want me to come over?”

“Where?”

“Your room, babe.”

“Why?”

“To help you sleep, I have my techniques.”

“You ert!!!!! Ajusshi I’m hanging up, go to sleep.”

Finally, he’s back to normal; I miss his attitude he didn’t even wait for me to say anything and just hung up, cute~~~.

“Why are you smiling like an idiot?”

Howon asked when Woohyun returned, “He’s okay, I guess my call made him feel better.”

“How do you know? Did he say something?”

“Hmm, he called me a ert and hung up on me.”

“YAH NAM WOOHYUN WHAT DID YOU SAY TO THAT BOY!!!!”

 

 

A week later

Trip day

 

The promised day finally arrived, and everyone gathered on the ferry ready to depart, I don’t know why my dear family chose a big boat over a plane!! The plane will take 55 minutes to arrive instead of almost 4 hours by a ferry. Plus, they knew I have seasickness, they even suggested I meet them there by plane but hell no, Sunggyu isn’t riding that ferry with Heechul and without me!!! All I have to do is swallow it up and be brave, how hard it will be to control seasickness anyway!

Of course, I was so wrong!!!! My head is spinning, and I feel like I want to throw up all the time, I can’t even stand the food smell!!! That was a bad idea, I should’ve convinced Sunggyu to join me on the plane, but I was too stupid to think about it before.

Things have been not okay between Sunggyu and me, he still has preservation towards me, and I don’t blame him. After talking to my friends I realised I overreacted about the coffee thingy and scared him, I miss his bratty character recently he became formal with me, and I hate it, I now know that’s the reason I fell for him.

I didn’t get to talk to him alone since my lovely dear brother is glued to him like a koala!! Doesn’t he have a boyfriend for god sake!

“Are you okay, Hyun? You’re pale” Howon asked, he was putting his girl to sleep to make sure she’s awake when they arrive, 3 hours of sleep is good, and Dongwoo was playing ball with Minjae and Heechul’s son.

“Ani, I feel sick” Woohyun covered his mouth

“Why don’t you lay down and sleep?” Howon looked at where Woohyun was looking, “I’ll keep an eye on him and make sure Heechul is occupied.”

“Oh god thank you, because as much as I trust Heechul, I don’t.”

“That doesn’t make any sense.”

“I feel like , of course, I won’t make sense!!!!”

“Go, go.”

 

Sunggyu’s eyes followed Woohyun leaving looking pale and sick; it’s no secret Woohyun had seasickness the latter kind of announced it loud and clear. When Sungyeol was out of the picture and disappeared to god knows where with Myungsoo, leaving Sunggyu alone at the head of the ferry watching the waves. Howon joined the younger with his baby girl sleeping on his shoulder; he was curious about his friend’s choice.

“Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu bowed, Howon used to be his gym teacher, “Seonsaeng-nim.”

“You remember me.”

“Of course, you’re popular.”

Howon chuckled, “I hope in a good way.”

“Of course, in a good way” Sunggyu caressed the little girl’s hair, “You have a beautiful girl.”

“Thank you, want to hold her? My arms are getting numb.”

“Really? I can hold her?”

Howon was kidding he wouldn’t mind holding his girl for life, but when Sunggyu nodded, he thought why not, the little girl rested her cute small head on Sunggyu’s shoulder and continued sleeping comfortably on his shoulder.

“Wow, you’re a natural. Usually, she’ll make a fuzz.”

“I love kids.”

A kid who loves kids, cute, “So~~, you and Woohyun.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widen, “Seonsaeng-nim!”

“Don’t lie; I know everything I’m Woohyun’s best friend” Sunggyu wanted to run away, but Howon kept him in the spot with his little girl!!

“Yeah.”

“Do you love him?”

“Seonsaeng-nim!”

“Oh, come on it’s not a hard question” Howon nudged him, “So~~, do you?”

“Hmm, I do.”

“Why him? Don’t you want to date someone your age?” Howon gestured for Sunggyu to sit with him on the benches, “Don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter