She wished (part two, Joyrene)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun's not happy with how she can't elaborate on Sooyoung.

 

How she's not close like Yerim is, or Seungwan or Seulgi.

 

Radio shows, talk shows; Joohyun can only say the normal things, like:

 

"She's really bright."

 

"Cheerful."
 

It had worried her a lot when Sooyoung use to turn up from her schedule, tired with red eyes (they were a bit swollen). Joohyun was up one time, sitting on the sofa, blinking away the sleepiness that came with being one in the morning.

 

The kitchen had clattered with noise then there was silence.

 

She got up and retreated to her bedroom.

 

(Joohyun doesn't mention the quiet sob that was heard over water being poured or glasses being clinked)

 

.

 

Joohyun's palms feel sweaty, her head a bit light-headed as she faces what she thinks could be a worse experience than drinking coffee.

 

Stairs.

 

It doesn't take a scientist to know that they're dangerous and the fear starts from when she was a kid.

 

Ten or eleven, Joohyun had unwisely made the decision to walk down concrete stairs. She ended up with bruises and tears on her cheeks.

 

She takes a breath, praying that her heels won't snap as she takes the very first step.

 

Three...

 

Two...

 

One...?

 

Joohyun cracks an eye open and moves along to the side to make way for the other people that are walking down too. Made it!

 

In any other normal circumstance, it would've been fine. You know, going down slow and steady? Eh. Wrong.

 

This isn't a normal circumstance, it's stairs without a handle and they are on camera.

 

The girl clutches an arm around her midsection and dares to take another step quickly, it's..not exactly as bad as it's supposed to be. But people are coming down as well, so when a body accidentally nudges her already unstable figure....

 

She trips.

 

And Sooyoung-- who's behind her, quickly wraps an arm around her waist, refraining any falling from happening.

 

"Be careful, unnie," Sooyoung whispers, and Joohyun practically feels the red tips of her ears.

 

Well, she would have if Seulgi hadn't jabbed her ribs the moment they had gotten on flat ground.

 

"Whipped as always, I'm assuming?" The bear-like girl snickers, the two of them not noticing the hurt dosed eyes that Sooyoung sends them as they pull away.

 

"Shut up."

 

A jab back was well worth when Seulgi has to try and convince a manager that she's okay while nearly kneeling.

 

Oh, yeah. Joohyun totally doesn't have a crush on her member, not the slightest bit.

 

("you just want a younger person to date." Yerim laughs, Joohyun shoves her.)

 

.

 

You know those moments where you want to kill someone?

 

Joohyun's experiencing that feeling at the moment as she darkly glares at a male whose most definitely trying to seduce (try. is the keyword) Sooyoung.
It's a dark, hazy feeling and Joohyun snaps in her mind that, we're in a convenience store, don't be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter