....You don't work here (Sinrin)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Prompt: Sinb figures that her job shouldn't include calling the police because of a stranger inside of the window. 

 

 

Sinb has a boring job as a clerk at a post office. She would have never even taken up the job if not for bills to pay and her ability to somehow deal with crabby customers who gripe about their lazy sons.

Sowon-unnie definitely has a more exciting job as a police officer but a much higher rate of dying, and despite the occasional arguments that occur over whose job is more dangerous ("listen, a paper cut won't kill you." Sinb had coiled back in shock, "they frickin hurt. How. Dare. You.") she would have to say, they get along okay.

It's insane how many people actually use stamps and envelopes, but somehow, she's manages to get used to the smell of ink and dry paper.

 

 

She expects today to be like any normal day, it is, for the most part; the girl deals with a few elderly, one or two rude, maybe a nice mum here and there.

They seem to be running out of in stock envelopes, so naturally, Sinb notifies her coworker, Eunha, and heads to the back warehouse to find a light box full of the supplies.

 

"Uh, hmm.." She tries to remember exactly where the paper envelopes are, going through the (very) dusty shelf plan before deciding that it's either on A2 or E5. And it better be on A2 because Sinb hates it when you have to back track. That hope proves to be an absolute joy when she finds the neatly labeled box on the shelf where its supposed to be.

With a hum, Sinb easily picks it up and begins her trek back. Only this time, her foot catches on something laying the ground.

Looking down, she raises an eyebrow. Either someone was stripping or had decided to change clothes. Sinb hoped it was the latter.

Please don't be a person. Please don't be a person. Sinb prays in her mind as she follows the floor, a sudden series of loud grunts coming from her left.

"Who the frick are you?"

What she does not expect is someone balancing half out of a window that is, mind you, eight feet off the ground, on a wobbling stack of boxes.

She's also pretty sure that this person doesn't work here. Maybe.

At least the person looks okay. Well, like, she can obviously see that it's a girl, and she either childish or insane because of the pigtails but obviously those are extremely rare cases but well, you know, okay looking people kinda make Sinb nervous--just a tiny bit--and is she rambling or?

They stare at each other for a few seconds, before Sinb figures that it's time to talk again and clears awkwardly-- except something falls out of the window girl's pockets and it looks like a gun. She's pretty sure, it's a gun. Yeah, it's totally a gun.

"I... Uh... Would you believe me if I said that I fell in?" window girl even talks as pretty as she looks, but Sinb definitely does not let this stop her and letting the weight of her box on her hip, she calls 911.

"Wai- no! Don't call the polic--"

"Hello? Yes. I have a strange person hanging out of our window. No, I'm not joking. In the post office warehouse. Tell them to call Sowon-unnie."

 

_

 

A newbie officer is sent in with the two of them as they wait for Sowon. Her nametag reads Umji, and she looks frazzled with all of the bickering.

"I swear, I'm not a burglar!"

"Why do you have a gun that?!"

"THAT IS SECRET INFORMATION."

"THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT A BURGLAR WOULD SAY."

It's not that she's starting to really hate this window girl. But yeah, that's probably completely why Sinb feels a headache coming on and wishes for the first time in her life that she was back at the post office doing boring stuff. After police had arrived (one car since apparently, sinb doesn't sound professional

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter