These things are annoying (Joyrene)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Joohyun hates annoying red hearts, a maid, and how her smile lights up every time she comes into the room) 

 

 

 

Joohyun muttered a few words of incoherent gibberish before scribbling on a pad of paper.

 

She was in the dining hall, books spread about on the table as she tried to do some sort of work. The problem was, she was getting distracted by the absolute, prettiest humming she'd ever heard in her life.

 

When Joohyun finally noticed that the humming had gotten much louder, she looked up and there was a maid, humming as she swept along the floors with a broom. Joohyun stared for a few seconds, shoving her head down when the clicking of the maid's shoes made it out of the room. A sudden popping had her head shoot up again.

 

"Eh?"

 

Joohyun's eyes squinched at the red heart that poked into existence. What in the world? She nudged it, only to find that it bounced back lightly in the air. The thing was bright red, glowing and levitating. Basically strange.

 

"Um..."

 

At the sound of a voice, Joohyun grabbed the thing, jamming it underneath her coat as she half turned, "Y-yes?! Hm?" She stuttered, eyes wide as Joohyun caught sight of the same maid.

 

"Would you like tea?" The girl smiled, amusement sparkling in her eyes.

 

Joohyun opened , gaping, "What?- uh, yes.. yes please."

 

The maid grinned for a split second before curtseying, dress spinning with her as she moved away on the marble flooring.

 

Papers crinkled as Joohyun faced planted in her studies, feeling quite idiotic and didn't notice the second heart that popped up next to her head.

 

//

 

There's no better way to spend a day swirling liquids round in a bottle and writing down the final product is what Joohyun would always say, (Yerim would swat the back of her head gently and snort "Unnie, not even Seulgi likes her work that much")

 

Joohyun expected a neat and tidy workroom-- as it always is, and she easily knows because nobody really ever stepped into the almost sharp smelling room of chemicals (it's really pretty as it looks over a lake, but Joohyun's pride doesn't allow her to ask anyone to visit) and, she never really told anyone that they weren't allowed, the rule probably sifted round because of her quietness.

 

So, as Joohyun managed to find her way walking down the halls, she scowled at nothing because the little cloud that is trailing behind her consisted of annoyingly loud, clinking hearts.

 

That's why she's going to her laboratory, perhaps she can find out why these stupid things keep popping up right after that (pretty) maid appears.

 

As Joohyun pushed open the thick wooden door, her eyes widened and in two quick motions, swiped all of the twenty hearts that are following her and dumped them outside of the window. Why? That maid is sitting in her spot, reading a book.

 

"O-oh, um.." The maid inhaled sharply, "I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone was going to come in. And I had a break so I was trying to skimp on working.."

 

Joohyun smiled despite herself, it was cute that the other girl was rambling.

 

"Uh." Cough cough, "that's quite alright, I just come here to work so you're welcome to come in anytime."

 

"Thank you ever so much, My break just happens to be over now, so... I'll take my leave." The maid grinned cheekily once she realised she hadn't gotten in trouble, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly (Joohyun wondered what it meant when her head suddenly was even dizzier).

 

She slipped off to the door, it nearly closing before the girl's head popped back out again, "I'm Sooyoung, Park Sooyoung if you didn't know already." And she disappeared.

 

The hearts popped back into sight the very second the door shut,

 

"Ah, shut up you stupid things," Joohyun grumbled and promptl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter