She wishes (but it never comes true), (Joyrene)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Prompt; She wishes and wishes but the two of them are leagues apart. 

 

 

Sooyoung hates how she can't talk about anything "Joohyun" related on camera or just in general. It's the way things have been for a long time, anything and everything spews out if it's Yerim-ssi, Seulgi or Seungwan unnie. But Joohyun?

 

Things seem to clog up because she can't think of anything-- No. She can't say anything.

 

Because Joohyun is another level of wonderful while Sooyoung considers herself on the bottom scraping.

 

But she still wishes.
.

 

Light stings her eyes in a way that it makes them swim with blurriness as their manager calls her awake-- they've arrived at the ISAC, and everything is practically a commercial to her as the group is guided into the place.

 

Seungwan-unnie is given a schedule for the day, Sooyoung can't find it in herself to check and promptly finds a spot on the floor with a yellow duck printed blanket wrapped around her.

 

Her eyes scan the place filled with idols: the unnies and Yerim have disappeared into the crowds, not that surprising. Sooyoung wonders who they're talking with, accepting the pang of emotion that comes with thinking about Joohyun.

 

She also wonders how this happened, how she fell in love with the soft and sharp beauty, the toughness that doesn't really add up on camera and way eyes light up in a crescent moon shape.

 

But Sooyoung doesn't find those things as interesting as when Joohyun-unnie comes out of her room, glasses and washed face. When sometimes (usually never) the older girl falls asleep on her shoulder on movie night and softly lets out cute snores. When Joohyun's annoyed and can't be persuaded to do anything making things hard when it's time to order food.

 

Inside and out, Sooyoung finds herself smitten with the ever pretty Joohyun.

 

.

 

Yawning, Sooyoung tightens the blanket around her and hides even further within before Seungwan appears from the loud crowds, patting her back gently as she whispers, "you aren't signed up in anything this year- at least, I don't think."

 

Sooyoung chuckles, "it's okay, unnie. If manager-ssi tells me, I'll participate."

 

The cheerful older girl nods, slipping a hot pack to Sooyoung with a grin before disappearing. Probably to go find Yeri or the unnies.

 

She snaps the pack, shaking for a few seconds and then slips it into her sleeves; the warmth travels quickly and Sooyoung is warmly cold-- it's a bit weird, but it works.

 

It helps her think and clears up the slight blu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter