Surprise! (IrenexTzuyu)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Requested by the lovey kimcharmie_SNSD. 

 

(Prompt; Irene finds herself within a newly revealed arranged marriage to a close family friend's daughter, who she's never even seen in fifteen years. That doesn't go without saying she's a bit put off, but quite honestly the girl is feeling a little weird when a cute, tall employee comes up to her at a cafe and asks her to help set someone up with her friend.
 

______
 

"I can't do this,"

 

Irene groaned into her pillow, her arms flailed a bit in the air and all she got was a loud snort from her friend. She wasn't being dramatic at all, that morning had been a whirlwind of information about an arranged marriage that included herself.

 

"Have you even seen this girl? I doubt that you'll put up a fight if she's pretty."

 

No, she hadn't. The Chos had moved away nearly five years ago, and whatever friendship she had with the daughters was gone, so news of her being an arranged marriage was shocking. opened with a sharp click. Wincing, Irene sighed, "Joy, my parents didn't even tell me which sister I am-"

 

"Don't worry, I'm sure that you'll be fine," The younger girl was lounging on her couch, feet up as she advised.

 

"Maybe you'll fall in love " she added, snickering.

 

"There's not too many people who actually love their arranged spouses." Irene objected seriously, and turned over to stare at the ceiling blankly as her thoughts drifted.

 

"They moved to Taiwan, right?"

 

"When the youngest was about five, "

 

Joy just shrugged, throwing a chip into , "Rekindle the friendship. If you marry, at least you won't be considered old anymore." She said after a crunchy pause.

 

"...." Irene pushed herself up onto her elbow, rasing an eyebrow, "What does that mean?" Joy's amusement filled eyes meant that something was up.

 

"Means that you'll be considered an 'old married woman."

 

The older girl glared darkly, wishing that some tape would shut Joy's laughing mouth shut.

 

"Anyway, if they do happen to come back, then I can repay her for the nasty things that her sister always played on me," Joy started on a completely different topic-- probably to make Irene's scary eyes to stop glaring, "the green hair hurt my pride and the pool."

 

"I'm sure that Sana didn't mean anything,"

 

"If you call chopping off my hair a foot, then yes." Joy snorted, rustling in the sofa cushions, "the green stained me forever! You know that,"

 

"But do you remember the cru-" Suddenly, Irene's side of the bed flung her up, nearly off the bed. "YAH!"

 

Joy's grinning face met hers smugly, "Sorry."

 

It was completely unapologetic.

 

Irene sneered, and then completely ruined her chance of ever wanting to live by commenting, "Yah, you really just wanted to change the subject from your 'crush- OW."

 

She rubbed her arm, glaring at the one who nonchalantly punched her.

 

"It was a long time ago, unnie. She's definitely not my crush anymore." Joy retorted, glaring with all of her might. To which Irene just sniffed,

 

"Says the one who used to talk about her nearly everyday,"

 

Joy sputtered. Quite hard if you have chips in your mouth, and frantically reached for her phone, "The only way you could've known that was through my phone, I'm changing my password!"

 

Yeah...no. Irene internally chucked. Joy's password would always consist of three things; her birthday, the day she first talked to Sana and her age. She always mixed them, but Irene managed to find that her special talent very well could be hacking into phones- not that she would. It was a...uh, interesting talent at the very l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter