Chapter 5

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] LOVE SCENARIO

A/N: Hello welcome back!!

After we gaped at the beautiful scenery of the city, we proceeded to actually familiarize myself with the city. Jennie took me to various markets which surrounded the metropolis of South Korea and offered me multiple snacks as we talked about our past experiences.

"Oh, lemme take you here," She exclaimed as she pointed to a stand within a tent, "It's my favourite place to eat in." We opened the tent covers to be greeted with workers behind a stove and a waiter smiling as he led us to our tables. It ran like a restaurant with round tables lining the perimeter of the tent as young customers sat in them. It wasn't an unfamiliar scenery as Korean dramas had shot multiple scenes in one of these similar tent-like restaurants—usually scenes where the hopeless romantic gets drunk and embarrasses herself, fortunately this gathering wasn't like those scenes.

We sat face to face both eyeing the menu as I stole quick glances to admire her facade. In the whole 2 hours we've spent with one another, this moment allowed me to truly acknowledge how naturally beautiful she is. Her dark brown silk hair fell over her shoulder as she rests her elbows on the table, her hands cupping her face. Her glimmering eyes fixated on the words at the menu, it allowed me to focus on her eyelashes—how perfectly curled they were. Her sharp nose directed towards the menu as her lips curved once she finally concluded on a decision.

"Okay! I think I know what I am getting!" She exclaimed as her eyes curve into a crescent moon.

I smile in response.

"How about you?" She added.

My eyebrows draw to a close, scrunching my forehead as I stick out my bottom lip to form a pout—no I was not trying to look cute. I quickly scan the menu and get the simplest dish there is. I can tell that from the girls excitement she would not like for me to take years to decide on a dish. 

"Yup I got mine too!" I said, a smile brought on my face.

"Good!" She giggles as she raises her hand to call the waiter. The waiter acts immediately and rushes to our table. He takes out a pen and a small notepad, ready to take our orders.

"How may I help you?" He inquired.

Jennie stares at me and raises her eyebrows, her expression insisting me to order first. I widen my eyes, surprised by the request. I order regardless.

"Ummm...I would like to have the pork cutlet on white rice and gravy please." I hastily answered consequently making Jennie laugh.

"And I would like to have the spicy ramen please." The brunette added.

The waiter dots down the order, "How about drinks?"

I return the same insisting expression to Jennie and the latter responds with a cheeky smile.

"Water is fine for us." She answers as she looks at me for confirmation. I nod in agreement.

The waiter looks at his notepad and recites our orders, "So one pork cutlet with white rice and gravy and one spicy ramen." Jennie and I nod.

"Alright! Thank you ladies." He says as he takes away our menus and then returns with two glasses of water.

I take a sip of the drink and look at her, "So...why is this your favourite place to eat?" I ask as she continues to drink her water.

She lightly sets the glass on the silver table, and looks down on it, hesitant to answer. I can tell that it's a subject that is sensitive to her as she rubs her index finger on the table making invisible drawings.

She sighs. "It's where my mother and I ate repeatedly...before...umm..." She pauses in her sentence. "Before she passed away." She continues.

I can feel a slight sting in my heart as I feel tears well up on the brim of my eyes. I blink rapidly staring upwards to bring them back down.

"Ummm...I'm sorry to hear that." I sniffle.

She forces a smile and shakes her head, continuing to draw invisible images on the table. It's about 10 seconds before she answers, "It's fine."

I let the silence fill our conversation, giving her time to process her thoughts about her mother's passing. She doesn't say anything and I don't feel bothered by it.

The food finally arrives at our table and we begin to dine in our dishes. She looks somewhat calm now that she's eating. I suppress a smile at her cuteness, it's not the right time right now. I find happiness seeing her eat with a big appetite while I occasionally bring the spoon full of rice into my mouth. I don't have the appetite after what I heard and I feel guilty for asking her about it.

"Hey..." I let out, being careful with my words, "I'm sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have asked."

She shakes her head and smiles as food still remains in , highlighting her chubby cheeks, "No it's fine. You would've found out sooner or later."

"I know but still...I feel bad." I responded.

"No don't be. I'm fine" She says a genuine smile plastered on her face.

I nod satisfied with her answer and soon silence and slurping noises fill our meal.

"She passed away from cancer...very cliché right?" She added a few minutes later.

I shake my head as I continue to chew the food in my mouth, I swallow it down and responded, "No! Not at all. My grandpa also died from cancer—lung cancer...he was a bit of a smoker." I laughed, making her smile.

"Don't be sorry. Okay? I hate it when people pity me." She replies. "It's just, it hasn't been long since she passed so I'm still trying to get used to it."

I nodded in acknowledgment.

Eventually, we finish our meals and I pay for both of us, a favour I asked for making her sad. She was reluctant at first but I strongly insisted which she eventually agreed to.

Our hangout continued as the light began to die, darkness quickly absorbing the blue sky as the moon rises over the horizon. We laughed and talked as she walked me back to my place, thank god we weren't too far from the school so I used it as a reference to guide us back. In time, we found ourselves standing in front of my building, a streetlight hover above us providing us light. I stood in front of her as she stared at the ground, I stick out my hand, requesting for hers to thank her for the amusing outing. She grabbed by hand but immediately wraps her other arm around my neck, finding myself in her embrace. She hugs me tightly as my hands rested at my sides. I slowly bring them up to wrap it around her waist but she pulls back before I can do so.

She exhales, "Thanks for today...it was fun."

I smiled, "I should be thanking you!" I said.

She doesn't say anything but just smiles at me. She looks up at the skyscraper in which my home resides in. Her eyes twinkle at the lights that radiate from the building. She looks back at me.

"You should head in," She said.

I nodded as I carry myself slowly towards the door not wanting to leave her alone.

"Go home first," I declared before I took another step towards the building.

She closed her eyes and shook her head, "After you."

I sighed, "At least walk at the end of the block, I'll watch you before I head in."

She agrees and does as she is told. Once she reaches the corner of the street in front of the figure of a stop sign she turns around and waves. I smiled and blushed—which I'm glad she couldn't see—and waved back, her dark figure disappearing once she turned.

I head in and ride the elevator, "I'll see you tomorrow." I mumble to myself as I wait for the doors to open at my floor.

A/N: I'll be updating soon...I've got some inspirations to write!!!! I hope you liked it!!!